Contracts Management Specialist – New Graduate
City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
The Contracts Management Specialist performs a key role in the management and administration of contractors on projects to ensure commercial, schedule and scope obligations are met in a timely and cost-efficient manner from contract award through to work completion and close-out.
• Involvement throughout the entire project lifecycle of capital projects
• Exposure to the “big picture” of project execution, working alongside Project Management and our Client
• Participation in the multi-discipline coordination of scopes of work, working with Engineering, Cost & Scheduling, Quality, Safety and Construction to prepare RFP packages
• Identifying potential bidders and ensuring qualification criteria is met
• Evaluating bid proposals, working through the RFP and bidding process as dictated by Canadian Bidding Law in order to recommend the most commercially and technically viable bids to the Client
• Conducting pre-proposal, proposal clarification and contract kick-off meetings with contractors
• Coordinating contract documents and obtaining the contractor agreement and signatures
• Working closely with Contractors in the field and assisting with the of chairing of weekly progress meetings, processing monthly invoicing, and verifying and negotiating with contractors on cost changes during the construction phase of work
• Following a comprehensive procedure to gain final agreement of all monies due and final close out of the documentation process