Contracts Administrator-CAN POE
City : Windsor, Ontario
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
BNA was selected to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the CAD$5.7 billion (approximate US$4.4 billion) Gordie Howe International Bridge project for Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority (WDBA).
When completed, the bridge will be the longest cable-stayed bridge in North America. The project includes a bridge and border crossing spanning the Detroit River and connecting Detroit, Michigan, U.S., and Windsor, Ontario, Canada, by linking Interstate 75 and Interstate 96 in Michigan with the new extension of Highway 401 (Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway) in Ontario. The scope also includes building new, state-of-the-art ports of entry on both the U.S. and Canadian sides of the Detroit River as well as improvements to existing infrastructure in both Michigan and Ontario.
Bridging North America, the builders of the Gordie Howe Bridge, requires the full-time support of a business-minded contracts and commercial specialist or paralegal for our dynamic infrastructure project office located in Windsor, Ontario.
• Administering complex engineering or construction contracts, including understanding of complex contractual provisions;
• Correspond with supply chain members at all levels and manage contractual & commercial aspects of complex contracts.
• Work with various internal customers as well as business support functions within a team to achieve commercially successful solutions to complex contractual and commercial issues;
• Initiates and/or conducts meetings with internal stakeholders or other parties concerning contractual matters as requested by Prime Contracts Managers and follows up on open issues related to same
• Interprets contract provisions to help identify, administer, and resolve claims, disputes and questions including those originating from BNA stakeholders and/or submitted by other contracting parties.
• Monitor compliance with contract requirements and assists with ensuring that all applicable conditions are satisfied.
• Receives requests, obtains estimates, establishes, maintains and updates contractual correspondences and claims records, initiates paperwork and rigorously follows up on contractual matters; processes and obtains approval of contract changes.
• Operate in accordance with applicable BNA programs, policies and procedures and legislative requirements.