City : Oakville, ON
Category : T&I - Highways, Bridges & Roads
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Contract Administrator to join our Transportation department, located at either our Thornhill or Oakville Office. You will work as part of a dynamic, energetic project team to support the oversight of construction contracts, primarily working out of a dedicated project site office.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Lead and administer a complex municipal or highway capital construction project
- Liaise with the contractor, client, design team, utility companies, government agencies and other project stakeholders, to ensure the overall success of the project;
- Maintain responsibility of contract administration deliverables, and ensure that they are delivered in a prompt and accurate manner, meeting and exceeding client expectations;
- Negotiate various contractual matters including price agreements, change orders and claims;
- Provide leadership, mentorship and direction to the project team, ensuring that they have the necessary guidance and feedback to effectively deliver their role;
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- 5 years plus experience as a Contract Administrator having supported a minimum of three (3) municipal or MTO construction contracts;
- Shall have graduated from a Civil Engineering Technology / Technologist College Program, and possess the C.Tech. or CET designation, or from a Civil Engineering University Program;
- Being certified by OACETT and possessing the Road Construction Contract Administrator (rcca) designation, or being registered with PEO as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), would be considered an asset;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, and analytical skills;
- Sound knowledge of design standards, OPS specifications, standard drawings and legislative requirements associated with road, highway and freeway construction;
- Good knowledge of construction best practices, including equipment, materials and quality assurance techniques;
- A valid Ontario’s driver license with an acceptable driving record.