City : Windsor, Ontario
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority (WDBA) is a not-for-profit Crown corporation which is responsible for the delivery of the Gordie Howe International Bridge between Windsor, Ontario and Detroit, Michigan, through a public-private partnership (P3). It is also responsible for project oversight of the construction and the operation of the new crossing. WDBA is located in Windsor, Ontario.
Gordie Howe International Bridge:
The Gordie Howe International Bridge project is a once-in-a-generation undertaking. Not only will the project deliver much-needed transportation improvements for international travelers, it will also provide jobs and opportunities for growth to the Windsor-Detroit region and includes features that make this project truly distinctive.
The Communications Specialist coordinates more complex communications projects/initiatives, performs communications program administration, and assists in developing and implementing external communication activities in support of business objectives and strategies.
• Assist in developing and implementing communications plans, programs and reports that are measurable and help achieve business goals
• Provide varying levels of support for WDBA and the project company on the writing, implementation, and evaluation of a strategic communications plan for the project, as well as supplemental communication plans including but not limited to marketing communications, social media, traffic management, media relations, public inquiry protocol, crisis communications, annual consultation, community outreach, and stakeholder relations.
• Manage receipt, approvals, and distribution of comments on communication content
• Engage in regular dialogue with the client and external stakeholders to maintain an understanding of the current communications environment, challenges, and support requirements
• Sharing of project progress updates, milestones, profiles, etc. with the regional and corporate communications teams for the project company and navigating associated project approvals.
• Advise leadership and provide coaching on external communication issues and challenges
• Help ensure proper and consistent messaging is delivered both internally and externally
• Lead creative development, writing, proofreading and editing for a wide variety of communications vehicles and presentation materials
• Evaluate and measure continually the effectiveness of communications channels and recommend opportunities for improvement
• Other duties as assigned