City : SASKATOON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Civil Engineer-in-Training - ( 220002S6 )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Our Transportation and Community Development practices have an immediate requirement for a Civil Engineer-in-Training in our Saskatoon office. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can work in a team environment and want to be involved in exciting local, regional, national and international projects. The successful candidate will work directly with senior project managers and design/construction teams to delivery our current and future projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop design plans, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates.
- Prepare engineering reports and technical studies.
- Responsible for the review and sealing of projects.
- Supervises the work of other engineers.
- Uses knowledge of the general concepts of relevant civil engineering elements including the design of roadways, drainage, grading, water and sewer, and land development projects.
- Conducts basic calculations.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Provide site inspections and audits of projects to confirm and verify contractor’s conformance to tender documents and contracts.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Registered as an Engineer-in-Training in the Province of Saskatchewan (or eligible for licensing with APEGS).
- Experience in geometric design of provincial highways, streets and rural roads; drainage design or construction administration is an asset.
- Experience in cost estimating, tender preparation, and contract administration on transportation projects.
- Experience working with the Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Regina, Saskatoon, and Saskatchewan transportation markets and processes, with strong past client relationships is an asset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and place a high emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Basic understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D and any other relevant design software and knowledge of calculations performed by the software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Developing cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field & Engineer-in-Training. Minimum of 2 - 4 years of experience.
Position will work in both an office setting and require field work. Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for periods of time. Field work included may require long days and exposure to the elements, including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina
Job : Civil Engineer - EIT
Organization : BC-1110 Transportation-CA Saskatchewan
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 5, 2022, 10:02:52 AM
Req ID: 220002S6
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans