Civil Engineer in Training
City : KELOWNA
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Civil Engineer in Training - ( 2400008Z )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
Stantec is seeking a Civil Engineer in Training to join our highly successful water practice in Kelowna, BC.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prepare detailed design drawings and specifications for roads, water, wastewater and stormwater facilities.
- Model surfaces, pipe networks and road corridors using AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Perform detailed studies, review plans, hydraulic modeling and design tasks associated with municipal water, wastewater and stormwater systems and related facilities, under the supervision of a project manager.
- Support construction projects with field site visits and construction observation duties.
- Write and edit technical reports and engineering studies.
- Coordinate with engineers and technical staff to ensure that the projects’ needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Meet with clients, municipal officials, and contractors to review project needs and coordinate field conditions.
- Follow the process for obtaining approvals from various agencies.
- Research issues related to wastewater, stormwater and water resources that impact individual projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Must be a registered Engineer-in-Training or ability to obtain within six months.
- Experience with design of water distribution, wastewater collection, and stormwater management facilities is preferred.
- AutoCAD and Civil 3D skills are very desirable.
- Be a self-motivated individual, possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Education and Experience
- Must have 0 to 3 years of experience in civil engineering.
- Have a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Civil, Environmental, or related Engineering field.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- $59,200 - $82,900 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in BC
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna
Organization : BC-1117 Water-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 18, 2024, 10:41:05 AM
Req ID: 2400008Z
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans