Civil Engineer – EIT
City : CHARLOTTETOWN
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Civil Engineer - EIT - ( 2300015R )
Strong communities don’t just happen—they’re built. They’re creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We’re driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We’re a place where you can apply your passion—and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
The role of a Civil Engineering EIT is to work on smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the close guidance and supervision of a senior engineer/designer. You should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer systems or products for a project. You will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations and field work. The smaller projects that a Junior Civil Engineering Designer may be assigned to will have relatively few complex features.
As a Junior Civil Engineering Designer, you will assist more senior engineers/designers by performing the routine aspects of civil engineering assignments (such as grading, servicing, stormwater management, etc.), and may also assist in the analysis of proposed projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Performs civil design using knowledge of relevant software programs.
- Works with other engineering disciplines and professionals in the completion of the project under the direction of a senior engineer/ designer or project coordinator.
- Performs field work as directed by a senior engineer/supervisor.
- Performs basic calculations to analyze and design civil system components using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
- Assists with engineering duties on projects of various complexity.
- Assists with collecting data and gathering information to support design decisions.
- Assists in basic interpretation and verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards and practices.
- Performs a variety of tasks which may include analyzing proposed project solutions to ensure design integrity, reliability, resource efficiently and cost effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the senior engineering staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic understanding of general concepts of relevant areas of civil engineering design.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Understanding of civil engineering concepts (e.g. grading and servicing design) and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Ability to interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and basic AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Developing cooperative skills in working efficiently within a team.
- Possession of a valid Class “G” driver license.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering. Minimum of 0-3 years of experience. Co-op/Internship experience preferred.
Prince Edward Island Pay Transparency Legislation: Requires employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in Prince Edward Island:
- Hiring Salary Range: $53,300 - $63,900 — Prince Edward Island locations only. The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Prince Edward Island-Charlottetown
Organization : BC-1604 CommDev-CA Ottawa ON
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 10, 2023, 4:19:33 PM
Req ID: 2300015R
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans