City : Windsor, Ontario
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
This position is responsible for commercial/claims management of a broad array of project design and construction issues related to the project prime contract, with the goal of identifying and establishing entitlement to applicable changes, processing change appraisals, and defending claims.
This position provides oversight and leadership for change and claims management activities on the Gordie Howe International Bridge Project. This role is responsible to ensure that the Construction Contractor meets its obligations in the Project Agreement, assuring notice, support documentation, analysis, and impact validation meet all requirements to successfully identify and progress changes and defend prime contract related claims with the client.
The position requires an understanding of how to manage prime contract claims in a P3 environment, normally gained from a combination of experience and education. The position requires liaising with functional project areas in a joint venture setting (such as with project controls, finance, legal, construction management and executive management) and further requires the application of knowledge of the project, the prime contract, related agreements, the related organizations including the client and joint venturers, budgets, project policies, procedures, work practices and compliance requirements (including quality, health, safety and to the project agreement).
The position is responsible for tracking claimable events, related commercial risk identification/mitigations, claim reporting (to both management and joint venture partners), assisting with claim preparation/defence and contributing to related strategies to mitigate risks and ensure optimization of project returns.
The role requires leadership, management, and mentoring/training of commercial team members.
Key responsibilities include:
• Identifying key priorities and escalating issues
• Maintaining status updates of changes (for the functional area)
• Knowledge of key issues / details of each potential change
• Ensuring all (potential) issues have alignment on the path forward with project stakeholders based on known details of the specific scenario and the potential impacts on upcoming project activities.
• Conducting weekly segment change management meetings.
• Holding contributors accountable for their responsibilities on planned activities
• Responding to change related correspondence from the Client, in conformance with the Project Agreement timelines.
• Maintaining documentation that is complete, organized, and accessible (SharePoint document repository & Outlook email repository)
• Facilitating meetings to resolve issues and provide updates involving the client and senior project leadership.
• Achieving target objectives
Please clearly highlight relevant work experience, project overviews and project scale ($) in your resume.