City : Mississauga, Ontario
Category : Part time
Industry : Pharmacy
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:6975 Meadowvale Town C.C., Mississauga, Ontario, L5N 2W7
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
The Care Concierge plays an integral role in seamlessly integrating the new pharmacy care clinic services into current offerings and improved pharmacy workflow as well as creating a positive experience for patients accessing pharmacy care clinic services.
The Care Concierge will receive, welcome, and check-in patients to the pharmacy care clinics for their pharmacy services appointments. This role will promote the PC Health app to patients, and coordinate with pharmacists on duty to ensure the pharmacy care clinic runs smoothly and support the Pharmacy Team in HealthWatch pharmacy assistant tasks such as data entry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create a positive experience for patients accessing clinic services
- Seamlessly integrate the patient experience for new clinic services into current offerings and pharmacy workflow
- Great and welcome patients, complete patient bookings, check-ins, and checkouts.
- Encourage a welcoming atmosphere for patients
- Raise awareness of pharmacy care clinic services support available to patients. and answer their questions
- Set patient expectations as to process and wait times
- Help patients navigate the space and services
- Assist pharmacist / patients in filling out service forms, for example, consent forms
- Adhere to all confidentiality and privacy requirements
- Promote PC Health app to patients to increase its usage
- Coordinating schedules for pharmacy team
- Complete start of day / end of day checklists for the Care Clinic
- Check out and process payment pharmacy services not covered by OHIP
- Preparation and running of the pharmacy care clinic including maintaining accurate patient records (i.e., Healthwatch and MedMe)
Skills and qualifications:
- Experience working in a retail pharmacy, as a pharmacy assistant or previous experience working in a medical clinic, ideally a family practice clinic
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to consistently produce positive interactions with patients
- High professional standards and a strong track record of and commitment to maintaining patient confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both on the phone and in-person
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to make informed decisions
- Ability to identify patients who can benefit from pharmacy care clinic services support
- Ability to maintain composure and focus on the patient in challenging situations
- Proven ability to adhere to processes and procedures and strong detailed orientation
- Strong time management and organization skills and the ability to prioritize numerous tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook and a comfortable learning new systems/ software, technologies
- Work cross functionally with pharmacy team members to deliver exceptional customer service through teamwork and collaboration
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Part time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.