Business Systems Analyst II
City : Ottawa, ON
Category : Information technology
Industry : Charitable Organizations
Employer : Canadian Blood Services
Please note: We work in a hybrid environment. The successful candidate will be working at one of our offices in Canada, with a mixture of on and off-site work based on the parameters for our operations to meet the needs of our donors, our staff and our communities.
Job category: Information technology
Job posting ID: 4255
Employment status: Regular full-time
Classification: PTS/MGT/IT B
Salary/Rate of pay: $77,500 - $86,450
Application deadline: 2023-03-27
Do you currently work for Canadian Blood Services? All employees must apply via the internal career page.
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About The Role
Canadian Blood Services is looking for an Business Systems Analyst II (BSA II) to join the Information Technology Customer Experience Team. The BSA II acts as the primary interface between the internal business customers and the CPS team as well as 3rd party vendors. The successful candidate will lead the planning, development/acquisition, and implementation of business systems.
You will have the opportunity to develop and expand your business systems analysis skills with valuable, practical, hands-on experience and exposure to new technologies. Here are some examples of key products in which you will be involved with to make a difference in Canadian Blood Services:
- The Quality Management System (QMS),
- The Enterprise Content Management (ECM) platform,
- An internal custom developed web application to track the distribution/destruction of controlled documents,
- A solution to support the tracking of employee development initiatives.
As part of this role you will gain work experience with:
- All aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Researching and implementing new technologies to support the rapid development/deployment of innovative designs for the overall quality management, productivity, and collaboration of the organization.
- Development and Operations Tools.
- We value the input of all team members and strive to continuously improve our environment with new and exciting advances in quality management, productivity, and collaboration technologies.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Conducting systems analysis of potential enhancements/upgrades to existing products or the development of new products including user story development and system configuration/administration/integration.
- Assisting in the prototyping and design of new web and mobile products for use by internal Canadian Blood Services employees across the entire enterprise which may include evaluating and integrating with 3rd party software products.
- Implementing/stabilizing new products and product enhancements including completion of the readiness checklist, preparation of test data and conducting unit/integrated system testing and post implementation activities.
- Preparing technical reports, troubleshooting guides, system documentation and user guides.
- Monitoring and addressing issues related to national enterprise products e.g., authentication, security, licensing, user interface/experience, performance, database, network, server, 3rd party provider, etc.
- Providing end user technical support to identify, diagnose, and resolve product usability issues responding professionally to all enquiries with recommended options.
- Post-secondary level education (e.g., college, technical institute, or university) in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution, preferably in Business, IT, Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience as a business systems analyst, project manager, systems analyst, software developer or equivalent experience in the customer business processes to be supported (e.g., Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, Donor Relations, Marketing, Finance, Talent Management, Public Affairs, Corporate Communications, IT) with an aptitude for system design.
- Proven ability and continued desire to learn new IT skills and enhance project management skills in a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment with the goal of delivering a great customer experience.
- Ability to conduct business professionally and develop strong working relationships with customers. Creative, positive, and self-motivated with excellent communication skills; ability to articulate user stories/incidents to IT subject matter experts for new and existing business systems.
- Experience with business process development and workflow automation techniques. Strong problem analysis, planning, validation/testing (e.g., Micro Focus ALM) and organizational skills.
- Experience with an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) platform e.g., OpenText, a Quality Management System (QMS) e.g., EtQ Reliance, Microsoft 365 (Power platform specifically) and cloud/virtual solutions would be an asset.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and tools (eg., Atlassian) would be an asset.
- Strong documentation skills (e.g., use cases/stories, business requirements, project plans, training, user guides and support tickets).
- Capable of working independently and within a team assisting/accepting tasks from senior team members.
- Ability to coach junior business systems analysts and software developers on detailed assigned tasks.
- Competitive base salary
- Annual Performance Award up to 6%
- 4 weeks vacation to start
- Comprehensive group health, dental and vision benefits
- Defined Benefits Pension Plan
- Employee discounts, wellness programs and much more!
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
To protect the health and safety of its employees, all Canadian Blood Services’ employees are required to be fully vaccinated (COVID-19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights grounds. Persons who have been vaccinated outside of Canada must contact their local Public Health Unit in order to obtain a vaccine equivalency certificate.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment (such as testing) will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.