Business Development Associate
City : MONTRÉAL, Quebec, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
The Business Development Associate (BDA) plays an important role within the Advisor Channel Sales (ACS) team by providing pre- and post-sales planning, support, and relationship management. BDAs contribute to meeting territory team sales objectives by partnering with the District Vice Presidents (DVP) and Business Development Managers (BDM). The team works together to plan and execute their territory sales plan to retain assets and increase sales by cultivating relationships with Investment Advisors and delivering valued insights to effectively position RBC Global Asset Management (RBC GAM) and RBC iShares as a primary partner for delivering investment solutions for their clients’ portfolios.
What will you do?
- Effectively position the value of RBC GAM to Investment Advisors to proactively secure meetings for the DVP
- Build long-lasting relationships with Investment Advisors and key partners to provide exceptional service and responses to requests, inquiries, and operational cases
- Act as the subject matter expert of all Sales Practices and Process (compliance) elements within the territory
- Lead the planning, sourcing, and execution of territory promotional campaigns and events and, as necessary, participate on-site
- Engage in the discovery, identification, and management of the territory opportunity pipeline
- Generate leads and sales opportunities by pulling and analyzing sales reporting data, fund comparisons, and portfolio reviews
- Reconcile DVP monthly expenses and manage territory budgets
What do you need to succeed?
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
- Previous experience in a sales or client-facing role
- An interest in capital markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English (in order to serve French and English-speaking partners in the Québec market)
- Ability to build credibility and rapport with clients, peers, and partners via email, phone, and in-person
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and CRM
- Mutual funds industry experience
- Knowledge of wealth management business
- Previous experience working with Salesforce, WebEx, Fund Comparison Tools, and Morningstar
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.