City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : Architecture and Engineering
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 190944
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Digital Banking Engineering MicroServices team in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are incompliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Act as the bridge between multiple parties including: our business, control functions, technology partners and our engineering teams, responsible for delivering exciting products in the Digital Banking Unit. The Business Architect will be involved in both the project discovery and execution phases, but with a primary focus in project discovery.
- Work with Digital Banking stakeholders (e.g., Product, Design, Engineering, Business Operation, PMO) and contribute to the requirement gathering, estimation, and backlog grooming activities.
- Drive or participate in high-level E2E solutioning and estimations by working closely with business and software architects of MicroService engineering teams, client application teams (Mobile, Web, etc.) as well as the backend teams
- Translate complex problems and challenges into viable technical options and recommendations, Influence business, product, and engineering decisions with solid understanding of the banking systems and technical expertise.
- Manages prioritization, solutioning, and estimation of change requests
- Support project delivery by providing clarifications on scope and requirements as needed.
- Oversee the delivery life cycle to ensure business and functional goals are met with each delivery.
- Accountable for managing the engineering backlogs of selected Microservice
- Conduct analysis on non-project driven requests (e.g tech debts, new architectural directions, high priority production issues) and turn them into executable backlog items
- Prioritize backlogs items from various sources (Product, Engineering, Support) with the support of Technical Product Managers; Ensure there is a balance between project delivery and non-project driven priorities
- Collaborate with Senior Development Managers to align project timelines and forecast team capacity
- Serve as the SME of assigned MicroServices, oversee all past and future changes and make suggestions on improvements as needed.
- Maintain MicroServices documentations to ensure that information are up to date and easily accessible by both internal and external teams.
- Champions a customer focused culture, build and maintain relationships with stakeholders such as digital product team and business line
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Support process improvement to increase efficiency of the team for project kick-off, project planning and handover, project execution, and project reconciliation
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We’d love to work with you if you have:
- University degree in technology, computer science, engineering OR equivalent experience
- 7 or more years in business analyst leadership/ functional architect roles within Engineering/Technology
- Experiences working with the middle-tier services for a customer facing front-end application, which sits in a larger scale ecosystem whose size is comparable to a bank
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to work with ambiguity, ask the right questions and make decisions under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to explain complex information for both technical and non-technical audience and to influence decision making across stakeholders.
- Team player who enjoys collaborating with, learning from, and coaching others so we all become better.
- Having an agile mindset and being able to adapt to a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to be result-oriented, proactive, and reliable.
- Previous working experience in Agile/Scrum software delivery model.
- Experiences with retail or small business digital banking is a nice to have
- Experiences with project and/or team capacity planning is a nice to have
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Working condition: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.