City : Vancouver
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Business Analyst - ( 2300012H )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 26,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
Reporting to the Director Finance/Project Accounting Solution Delivery within the Business Experience (BX) group, this position is responsible for engaging with business stakeholders and subject matter experts to translate their business needs into system solutions that achieve desired outcomes.
To accomplish this, the analyst develops a close relationship with designated business process leads and undertakes a disciplined approach to develop a keen understanding of business requirements and engages with system experts to design and validate system solutions. This position will predominantly focus on Business Intelligence for Projects, Project Management and Project Portfolio Management and associated financial reporting.
- Engaging with Business Process Leads to understand the business domain and current and future needs.
- Analyzing current state business processes, identifying pain-points, and developing recommendations for process/system improvement.
- Scoping business requirements and formulating a plan with the technical teams to optimally solicit detailed requirements to design and develop the solution most efficiently.
- Combining your domain experience with the business analysis discipline to perform the following activities:
+ Conducting stakeholder workshops to elicit requirements.
+ Developing process models and other project deliverables using Confluence, Jira or Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
+ Assisting with technology assessment and selection.
+ Facilitating formal user acceptance testing and participating in testing activities such as test case creation, execution, and issue resolution.
+ Provide cross-team training and end user documentation and/or communication.
- Adhering to Stantec’s Solution Delivery Framework and Change Management process requirements.
- Supporting cross-functional programs and projects that may include Finance, IT, Payroll, Project Accounting, and other user communities.
- Being an advocate for business process management.
- Processing service requests, coordinating and participating in testing and implementation for large scale upgrades and integrations.
- Assisting with day-to-day operational issues.
Your Capabilities & Credentials:
- Strong customer service focus with demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent team player demonstrated by being held accountable to other team members while also holding other team members to their tasks.
- Experience eliciting and documenting high-level and detailed requirements, including use cases.
- Experience in test planning, preparation, and execution. Experience with QA testing tools (qTest) a definite asset.
- Understanding and experience working with agile development practices would be a significant asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library).
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence
Education & Experience
- Business Analysis experience working in a complex business environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field.
- Post-secondary degree; ideally related to Business or Management Information Systems. A professional accounting designation and/or IIBA certification, or substantial progress towards one, would be a significant asset.
- A/E industry experience in project accounting processes is considered an asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Organization : BC-1310 Business Experience-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 6, 2023, 7:00:00 AM
Req ID: 2300012H
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans