Building Manager II Resident- Hall Tower Extension
City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
BUILDING MANAGER II RESIDENT - HALL TOWER EXTENSION :
Functions as the Commission's representative in matters of resident relations and building management at the site(s).
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- The successful candidate will be a Grade 12 graduate, preferably with post-secondary education in the social services related field and one year's experience as a Building Manager or equivalent. You also possess good organizational and problem solving skills and have intermediate MS office skills.
- This position may require travel between sites; a valid class 5 driver's license and satisfactory driving record and access to transportation will be required.
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) will be required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Maintains order and appearance of the "common" and "public" areas, including vacant dwellings:
- Clears areas by washing, sweeping, snow and ice removal and application of ice melt products, carpet cleaning, mopping, vacuuming, polishing and general cleaning and minor grounds upkeep, including outside litter pick-up and maintaining the integrity and compliance of recycling programs;
- Answers and determines emergency calls and notifies appropriate authorities;
- Generates work orders for maintenance staff and external contractors;
- Performs unit inspections and assists with annual inspections; responding to or processing resident enquiries and complaints and taking appropriate action; completes incidence and other reports; and delivers notices and forms as requested;
- Calls the police or related Public Service in the event of emergency or disturbances such as notifying police of incidents or problems or contacting other resources as appropriate;
- Responds to resident enquiries, complaints, emergencies, provides information/clarification as required and takes appropriate action at all times during their work week;
- Responsible for performing the duties of a deputy fire safety director, as outlined in the Employer’s building fire safety plans, during the normal workday;
- Required to exercise interpersonal and conflict resolution skills when dealing with the resident population;
- Coordinates, trains and assigns work under direction of the Building Manager Supervisor. Functions as lead by performing all of the duties of the Building Manager Supervisor for alone site(s) without the requirement to participate in recruitment and selection, recommending discipline and the supervision of staff.
2. Performs minor maintenance duties throughout the site:
- Minor electrical duties, such as changing fuses, stove elements, switch/outlet covers, light bulbs and tubes, check breakers, test emergency lighting, check/reset time clocks and adjust thermostats;
- Minor electrical in suites; zone valves for operation, clean and test smoke alarms, mechanical room inspection of mechanical equipment, reset pumps/boilers, check/reset thermostats on electrical hot water tanks and relight pilots;
- Minor plumbing maintenance such as change/repair flappers, P traps/J bends, washer/stems, spouts/aerators, shower heads, flush handles, toilet seats, bleed air from heating system, check shutoffs, caulk bathtubs, fix mechanical stops in tubs/sinks, winterize plumbing systems, clean sink traps, snake drains, toilet auger to be used (if required);
- Minor carpentry maintenance such as hardware replacement (locks, stops, strikers, handles, hinges, back sets), adjust weather stripping, repair/replace bathroom hardware and accessories, repair drapery tracks and fittings, secure broken windows and doors, touch-up painting and staining, adjust handrails, caulking, adjust door closers;
- Minor mechanical maintenance such as change filters and emergency generator start-up;
- Minor applicance maintenance such as change butter doors, freezer doors, crisper trays, bottle bars, moving and levelling of appliances, duct work repairs for dryers, replace supply hose for washers;
- Minor exterior maintenance such as fencing (re-nailing boards and repair hardware), repair/replace signage and numbers, clean gutters and debris from roofs, water flower and shrub beds which will deteriorate through lack of water;
- Performs various inspections on a regular basis i.e. boiler rooms, fire alarm logs, security systems, etc., or on vacancy and arranges for repairs and/or maintenance;
- Identifies minor deficiencies in the performance of routine work specifications (e.g. painting services, flooring, millwork, pesticides applications, etc.), reports to the Contractor and facilitates remedial action. Identifies and reports major deviations in contract performance to the supervisor;
- Arranges for Contractor to view site, enter units when necessary, and ensures that maintenance projects are coordinated with site operations;
- Other related duties as directed.
3. Other related duties:
- Carries out authorized removal of abandoned personal effects from a tenant's premises providing inventory is taken jointly with a management representative;
- When required, shall operate the Employer's vehicle;
- Maintains and requisitions inventory of cleaning and maintenance supplies from the Building Manager Supervisor or Property Portfolio Manager;
- Conducts arranged unit viewing for prospective tenants;