Building Design Specialist
City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Join a global leader. Propel the Energy Transition. Design and build the world’s toughest projects. Transform the future, today.
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
As a Building Design Specialist you will be:
• Developing and reviewing project Scope of Services, Scope of Facilities, and other project baseline documents for all phases of projects.
• Developing and reviewing project specifications, building design criteria, building code analysis, life safety plans, building drawing packages, etc.
• Coordinating building design of industrial buildings and equipment enclosures for heavy industrial projects including green field and revamp projects in petrochemical and metals facilities.
• Collaborating with other engineering disciplines, client representatives, vendors, and subcontractors to progress and complete designs of various industrial buildings.
• Working as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop/deliver cost effective and constructible designs.
• Working with 3D structural models in a comprehensive 3D environment.
• Checking 2D design drawings and 3D models.
• Incorporating health, safety, and environmental factors in design
• Apply cost competitive execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for the discipline engineering work
• Participating in estimating, procurement, permitting, and subcontracting activities.
• Completing other tasks as assigned.