City : WINNIPEG
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Bridge Engineer - ( 2100037E )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec's Winnipeg office has an opportunity for an Intermediate Bridge Engineer to join our growing and dynamic team of transportation professionals servicing local municipal, provincial, and rural clients in Manitoba with opportunity to work on projects with our other offices throughout Canada and the United States. This position requires an individual to have bridge design skills with demonstrated strong collaboration and communication skills. Project management experience is considered an asset. The broad skill sets that may be called upon to execute a variety of tasks may include: proposal and work plan preparation; engineering design; drawing review; and coordination with other disciplines and team resources.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Structural design, analysis, and project delivery for both complex and non-complex transportation structures including highway, transit, and rail bridges, culverts, and retaining walls in accordance with applicable specifications and design codes.
- Carry out quantity calculations and cost estimating.
- Preparation of construction specifications, tender documents, and reports.
- Construction drawing review with occasional on-site construction observation inspections.
- Structural analysis and design of other transportation structures, water resource structures, and miscellaneous structures.
- Work in a team environment while contributing to quality designs and construction contract documents
- Assist with writing and collaborating in the preparation of proposal pursuits.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong knowledge of CHBDC and AASHTO design codes.
- Working knowledge of Transportation Association of Canada’s Geometric Design Guide for Canadian Roads.
- Working knowledge of collaborative tools such as Autodesk, Adobe, and Bluebeam.
- Proficiency in the use of computer modelling techniques using software such as SAP, STAAD, CSiBridge.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in Project Management and Construction Administration would be an asset.
- Experience with City of Winnipeg and Manitoba Infrastructure design details and specifications is considered an asset.
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university. M.Sc. and/or PhD degrees would be an asset. Minimum of seven (7) years of bridge design experience.
Registered (or eligible for registration) as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Manitoba.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Job : Structural Engineer
Organization : BC-1137 Transportation-CA Manitoba
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 29, 2021, 7:59:35 AM
Req ID: 2100037E
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans