Bilingual Senior Administration officer
City : Toronto
Category : Full Time
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Laurentian Bank
At Laurentian Bank, we believe we can change banking for the better. Founded in Montreal in 1846, Laurentian Bank helps families, businesses and communities thrive. Today, we have over 3,000 employees working together as One Team, to provide a broad range of financial services and advice-based solutions for customers across Canada and the United States. We drive results by placing our customers first, making the better choice, acting courageously, and believing everyone belongs.
This role sits within LBC Tech, a subsidiary of Laurentian Bank.
The incumbent is responsible for the daily administration and processing of various activities related to clearing, settlement, and payment processing, in accordance with Laurentian Bank's standards, policies, and procedures. The incumbent is also responsible for maintaining and updating several tools and reports, and answering internal and external clients' inquiries regarding clearing and settlement processes.
- Performs various clearing and settlement tasks such as EFT and wire payments, cheque issuance, and cheque deposits
- Resolves queries, payment misdirection and charges
- Responsible for various interbank processes and liaises with other Financial Institutions to address any inquiries or escalations
- Monitors and manages various department mailboxes and responds to requests, escalations, and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Performs various journal entries and money movement transactions
- Participates in several regulatory processes such a reporting and remittance of funds to the regulatory bodies
- Ensures that any required daily reporting is completed and delivered in a timely manner
- Maintains good working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Contributes to satisfactory results in all internal and external audits
- Provides supports and resolution to internal and external departments by responding to inquiries, requests, and escalations in a timely manner
- Escalates and makes recommendations or resolutions about any inquiries or issues requiring immediate attention
- Verifies own work in the department for accuracy, clarity, and completeness, and ensures compliance with internal and external audit and regulatory requirements.
- Completes daily workload within strict timeframes set by Laurentian Bank and addresses any issues with the direct manager
- Participates in department meetings and contributes to the planning process of achieving departmental and personal goals, as well as communicates any problems or concerns.
- Submits recommendations to improve work processes to the direct manager
- Keeps abreast of legislation, policies, and procedures, which relate to products and services.
- Participates in special projects and carries out any other similar or general task at the request of their superior or that may be required by their function.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business or in a related field.
- 2 to 3 years of work experience within a regulated dealer operations or bank operations department in an administration or processing role.
- Completion of Investment Funds of Canada (IFIC) or Canadian Securities Course (CSC) is preferred and an asset.
- Knowledge of banking, mortgage, investment loan, self-directed, securities, mutual funds, lending products.and other lending products.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must possess intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel. Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (MS Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Outlook is a must.
- Familiarity with using large and complex financial database systems; ability to learn inquiry and maintenance functions in back-office processing systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate information effectively.
- Able to work in a high volume, multitasking environment with extremely demanding time frames.
- Strong organizational, time-management, and multitasking skills.
- Highly motivated with a desire to succeed and progress.
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team.
- Familiarity with 5S, Kaizen Principles, Six Sigma or other Continuous Improvement methodologies is an asset.
- Bilingual (French/English) verbal and written communication skills are assets.
What Laurentian Bank has to offer you
The total compensation offered by Laurentian Bank encompasses a comprehensive range of benefits, highlighting our commitment to the well-being and success of our employees. Here are some of the key points of our offering:
- Total compensation: Earn a comprehensive compensation package that includes annual reviews and performance-based bonuses.
- Work model: We prioritize a hybrid work model based on business needs.
- Stock purchase plan: Become not just an employee, but a Laurentian Bank shareholder. Employer matching takes your investment even further.
- Time off: In addition to paid vacation, we provide floating days and leave options to accommodate the diverse needs of our employees.
- Health and wellness: Take care of your health and well-being with access to healthcare professionals, our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and a Stress Management and Well-Being Program.
- Group insurance and pension: We offer a competitive insurance program based on your family’s needs and a defined contribution pension plan to help prepare for your future.
- Financial benefits: As a Laurentian Bank employee, you’re also the best ambassador for our products and services. Take advantage of employee-only offers on a wide range of products. Enjoy exclusive deals and preferred rates on products and services including insurance, hotels, train tickets, spas and many more.
We are committed to creating a fulfilling professional environment where your skills are valued, and your well-being is a priority. Join us for a rewarding career at Laurentian Bank.
Inclusion and Accessibility
At Laurentian Bank, we believe everyone belongs. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our customers and our communities and where everyone feels like they belong and can thrive. To this end, we encourage applications from individuals from equity-deserving groups, including Indigenous persons, racialized and persons with disabilities, marginalized genders and the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
We strive to offer a flexible and accessible work experience that is inclusive of everyone. If at any time you need an accommodation, please let us know.
We may collect, use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of establishing an employment relationship with you.