Bilingual Disability Claims Analyst, Group Insurance
City : MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Canada
Category : Operations
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
What is the opportunity?
Remote & hybrid work available
As a Bilingual Disability Claims Professional you will adjudicate and manage disability claims in a team-oriented, multi-disciplinary, digital environment. You will be responsible for ensuring claims are recertified and paid in accordance with unit procedures while delivering superior client service. You will be required to apply appropriate risk management strategies which impact the company’s financial results, reputation and regulatory risks, client relationships, and business retention.
What will you do?
· Adjudicate claims utilizing a multidisciplinary claim management model to; ensure objective, fair and thorough claim adjudication, comply with practices and procedures and regulatory requirements, provide the highest level of customer service and manage reputational risk and, develop and implement claims management and return to work strategies on assigned caseloads where warranted
· Manage a large caseload of disability claims
· Document the appropriate next steps while effectively applying the adjudication process
· Professionally communicate outcomes to our clients
· Given the very sensitive nature of the information gathered in the adjudication process, extreme care must be exercised in the handling of a claim in order to guard against any breach of confidentiality
· Effectively communicate and build rapport with team members, stakeholders and business partners using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to close
What will you need to succeed?
· Post-secondary education
· Requires fluency in French and English both oral and written to serve our clients in the community with English speaking needs
· Experience in effectively managing complex claims
· Strong analytical and decision making skills and the ability to multitask and balance multiple goals and priorities
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with customers in a manner that is professional with a high degree of customer service
· Ability to work independently in a structured environment, as a Remote Office Employee (ROE), working in your home office with proven time management, organizational and problem-solving skills & must be able to meet with the technological and confidentiality requirements of the role (i.e., private, and quiet space, Internet connectivity, etc.) Details to be discussed with the hiring manager
· Ability to effectively manage change
· Proven disability claims experience, ideally in Group Disability Claims
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
· A Total Rewards program that includes flexible benefits, work/life balance and career development programs and investment and retirement savings plans
· Competitive pay and high-earning potential
· All the tools, training, and team support you need to grow your career
· Flexible work/life balance options
· Sophisticated RBCI software tools to boost your productivity
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
Job SkillsActive Learning, Coverage Analysis, Critical Thinking, Customer Service, Insurance Claims Investigations, Insurance Operations, Insurance Product Development, Knowledge of Claims, Long Term Planning, Settlement Negotiations
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.