Banking Advisor – Vaughan
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Banking Advisor - Greater Toronto Area
** As we have many branch locations across this quadrant, we are hiring multiple candidates for this position. You will be required to be fully available to work during RBC's retail branch hours of operation, including extended hours Monday through Saturday until 8:00 PM and Sunday as applicable. Apply today! **
What is the opportunity?
As an RBC Banking Advisor you are a highly engaging, client focused individual with advance discovery and problem resolution skills, who attracts, nurtures and grows relationships with existing and new to RBC clients. In partnership with first point of contact advisors, you are responsible for assisting members of our community who walk-in or book appointments at RBC retail banking locations. Using your expertise in everyday banking, credit and investments, you personally fulfil on simple and select complex, personal and business solutions, while providing warm introductions to the right RBC Partner for more complex banking needs.
What will you do?
- Consistently demonstrate empathy, kindness and take the time to understand circumstances, motivators and concerns in all interactions with colleagues and clients
- Communicate effectively to uncover client needs, deliver client centric advice, solutions and proactively resolve client concerns at first point of contact
- Champion digital enablement by proactively educating our clients to self-serve, while leading with advice, serving through digital where possible and encouraging our clients to interact with us in their channel of choice.
- Use your own advice capabilities, and those of the right partner in the RBC ecosystem to meet our clients entire suite of financial needs, both personal and business
- Provide professional advice and education with an ability to address credit and investments, ensuring solutions recommended are appropriate for client needs and financial circumstances
- Make good use of technology to connect with clients both virtually and face to face
- Implement effective contact and relationship building strategies, that accelerate new client acquisition and retention in your local community
- Collaborate with market-leading professionals in financial planning, retirement planning, mortgages, and business banking experts to ensure clients receive customized and relevant expert advice
What do you need to succeed?
- Mutual Funds accreditation (i.e., Investment Funds in Canada or the Canadian Securities Course) or willingness to obtain it within your training period
- A passion for hosting an exceptional client experience
- Curiosity, emotional intelligence and empathetic communication skills
- Flexibility, a self-motivated eagerness to learn and determination to succeed
- Digital literacy across a broad range of devices (i.e., smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.)
- Previous experience in building rapport and maintaining client relationships within the financial or service industry
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including competitive compensation, bonuses, and flexible benefits
- Continued opportunities for career advancement
- World-class training, coaching, tools and development opportunities
- Support from a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high performing team
- Opportunity to represent Canada’s leading financial services brand in your community
Job SkillsAdaptability, Advice Based Solutions, Client Centricity, Client Discovery, Communication, Curiosity, Data Analysis, Digital Literacy
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.