City : La Malbaie, Quebec
Category : Permanent Full-Time
Industry : Advisory services, Personal banking
Employer : National Bank
A career as a Banking Advisor at National Bank is a varied role that allows you to live your ambitions and have a positive impact on your own life as well as the lives of your clients and colleagues. You’ll adopt a friendly approach and use your analytical skills in order to offer a people-centric experience for branch clients.
This role offers opportunities for development. By obtaining your mutual fund representative licence, if you don’t already have it, you’ll be able to progress in your role and expand your responsibilities, particularly by performing mutual fund transactions.
- Listen to clients’ needs and resolve complex situations.
- Give advice and offer appropriate solutions for Personal and Small Business clients to meet their transaction, investment, personal financing, made-to-measure insurance and estate planning needs.
- Support your clients through the mortgage renewal or renegotiation process.
- Ensure client satisfaction and engagement.
- Refer your clients to your specialist colleagues for their specific needs.
- Ensure adherence to compliance and risk management rules.
The branch is open one evening a week. A number of work schedules are possible and will vary depending on team availability. This position reports to the Branch Manager. On a day-to-day basis, you’ll work with a team of experts specializing in investment, mortgage financing, and other areas.
Our team values passionate people and bold ideas. We work together to ensure our clients reach their goals and colleagues do what they love. We rely on our colleagues to share knowledge and help each other.
After gaining the necessary experience in your role as a Banking Advisor, many options will be available to you. For example, you could advance in the same role, get promoted or move to another region or branch. We offer many career opportunities and encourage internal mobility.
Our training programs use on-the-job learning to help you master your role. You can access personalized training content on such topics as banking solutions and the advisory approach to support your ongoing learning. You’ll also have access to colleagues with a wide range of expertise, experience and backgrounds to enrich all aspects of your development.
- Hold a college diploma (DEC) or equivalent
- Hold a mutual fund representative (MFR) licence – If not, you must obtain this licence within three months of hiring with a full refund once you have successfully obtained it
- Advisory service experience, inclusive attitude and openness to diversity
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic