City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : News
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
Your primary responsibility will be to manage all of the products and programs in your given sub-category with an effort to meeting and exceeding all of your targets. You will work with your vendor base and all internal departments to ensure that the vision for the product is executed. You will ensure that you are constantly ahead of all marketplace trends and innovations so that your items are all the best value and that you promote the company’s vision. The purpose of this position is to provide a training ground for future potential buyer position openings.
What you will do...
- Work with Senior Buyer and Divisional Merchandise Manager to develop programs and strategies in order to meet or exceed all outlined sales, gross profit inventory, average ticket and new sku targets. Ensure that all programs uphold the high standards set out in The Shopping Channel’s vision.
- Assist the Senior Buyer in the planning and preparation of the monthly calendars. Ensure that all programs relate to outlined Programming themes.
- Be constantly aware of all new product and category innovations by reading trade magazines and websites and working with the vendor network.
- Manage product life cycles and inventory levels to ensure that all targets are met. Manage products to ensure we are "in stock" at all times, review and maintain inventory levels on a constant and regular basis.
- Assist as required, the processing purchase order worksheets. This includes the accurate and timely set up of new items.
- Work with TV Sales and Programming to ensure that the vision for the show is effectively and accurately communicated to the customer.
- Work with Web, Promotions and Marketing teams in a timely fashion in order to ensure that all shows/catalogue programs receive both accurate and the appropriate amount of promotion.
- Assist programmers to organize and execute host and Call Centre trainings for new and existing brands. Work with Manager and Director of Merchandising to maximize Incremental Sales opportunities. This includes: web-exclusive offers, upsell opportunities, continuity, purchase with purchase items, core inventory and refill management, etc.
- Monitor all Canadian competitor/marketplace activity to ensure that The Shopping Channel is at the front of all new trends or innovations. Also be aware of QVC/HSN/SHOPHQ and other appropriate shopping networks. The ultimate goal is to ensure that all offers are the best value proposition to the customer at all times.
- Responsible for being the liaison between all cross functional teams and the merchandising department.
- Adhere to all applicable Health and Safety Regulations, but legislatively mandated and as outlined in the company policy.
- Provide direction to Merchandise Assistants to ensure key tasks are completed on-time; item set-up, product data entry and pricing adjustments.
- Complete sales analysis reporting for the programs managed on a weekly (or as needed) basis. Ensure all analysis is distributed and then kept on file for future reference.
- Act as the key support person in the department for providing historical sales information on an as-needed basis.
- Adhere to all legal requirements as set forth by the Retail Council of Canada. E.g. Marketing, Bilingual Labeling etc.
- Manage all marketing initiatives (samples, features/benefits) such as recommendations for monthly mailer, print material, presell, catalogue, price changes, icons. Other duties as required.
What you will bring...
- 3 to 5 years Retail Buying/Merchandise/Marketing/Business Development experience required
- Proven success in the Development and Implementation of new Business Strategies and Initiatives.
- Post-Secondary Education.
- Jewellery knowledge an asset Entrepreneurial with the ability to work in a fast paced environment with considerable autonomy Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills Technical skills- proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Internet Ability to build and maintain effective vendor relationships.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment and be part of a team.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 59 Ambassador Dr (096), Mississauga, ON
Travel Requirements: No Selection
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 288847
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media