City : LANGLEY, British Columbia, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
What is this opportunity?
RBC Dominion Securities is Canada’s leading full-service investment and wealth management firm and is backed by Canada’s leading financial institution. We take pride in hiring and nurturing talented individuals who share our commitment to helping our clients build and preserve their wealth so they can achieve the goals that matter most to them.
The RBC Dominion Securities branch located in Langley is looking for an Associate to provide administrative support to a successful Advisory Team The successful candidate should have administrative experience, exceptional communication skills and provide outstanding client service.
*This is a 1 year contract with the possibility of extension*
What will you do?
- Maintain existing client accounts and identify opportunities to contact clients. You will be responsible for managing timelines and key dates for accounts to help ensure clients feel supported by our team.
- Respond to client inquiries in an understanding and time-efficient manner (account transactions, requests, account documentation, account reporting, etc.).
- Tap into your superior problem resolution skills to provide proactive client service. Working collaboratively, you will at times liaise with various departments to provide smooth and timely solutions.
- Effectively manage incoming communications from clients, Advisors and other internal and external partners.
- Assist the Advisor team in welcoming and onboarding new clients.
- Leverage your passion for planning to coordinate and prepare meetings for Advisors with their clients/prospects.
- Become well-versed in internal controls and industry regulatory requirements, ensuring client files and other necessary documentation is accurate, up-to-date and compliant.
- Support the Advisor team and client through the Wealth Management process and maintain an audit of Wealth Management Activities and priorities.
What do you need to succeed?
- At least 2 years of financial industry experience (Banking or Investments or Securities, etc.)
- Strong skills working with business applications/technology, including Microsoft Office Suite
- High quality time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated skills in providing world-class client service that will come across as professional, warm, and friendly to our clients
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and Conduct and Practices Handbook Course (CPH) or willingness to complete within 6-12 months
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program which include competitive compensation and flexible benefits
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
The expected base salary range for this particular position is $37,000 - $45,000 depending on your experience, skills, and registration status, market conditions and business needs.
You have the potential to earn considerably more through RBC’s robust discretionary bonus program which gives you an opportunity to increase your total compensation, provided the business meets its performance targets and you meet your individual goals.
RBC’s compensation philosophy and principles recognize the importance of a highly qualified global workforce and plays a critical role in attracting, engaging and retaining talent that:
- Drives RBC’s high-performance culture
- Enables collective achievement of our strategic goals
- Generates sustainable shareholder returns and above market shareholder value
Job SkillsAccount Management, Customer Success, Decision Making, Financial Regulation, Interpersonal Relationships, Investment Risk Management, Problem Solving
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.