City : St. John's
Category : Retail
Industry : Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers
Employer : J.D. Irving
Assistant Manager - Back End Operations
Here at Kent, we know our success is based on the effective leadership of our teams. Each of our retail locations has unique needs to best serve both its clients and staff, and we empower our managers to manage multiple aspects of their businesses as if it were their own.
Assistant Managers are responsible for all operations throughout the store, which includes maintaining safety standards, process and procedures in inventory, fleet and logistics in our back end operations, and superior customer service.
This position will be for our Kent Store located at – 10 Messenger Drive, St. John's, NL
What you will do:
· Demonstrate sensitivity to customer needs and willingness to build sincere relationships
· Engage and motivate team members with energy/optimism, through company vision and effectively promote leadership at all levels
· Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results and implement process improvements
· Communicate with honesty and integrity, and create the space for others to do the same
· Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure
· Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships
What you bring:
· Experience retail management
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Ability to leverage technology for project management, analysis and solving problems (including Microsoft Office Suite)
· Openness to continuous improvement and responsibility for independent learning
· Flexible schedule based on retail needs
What we offer:
· Medical, Dental, Vision, RRSP Matching, and PTO benefits
· An opportunity to bring your unique personality and join our creative and fun store teams
· Continuous learning through a tailored development plan
· Growth and development opportunities through Kent and the greater J.D. Irving, Limited Organization
· A safe work environment
· Wellness program
· Scholarship and Bursaries
· Employee and Family Assistance Plan
· Employee discount
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of the Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Kent Building Supplies is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, candidates, and customers.
If you have disabilities that require special accommodation please email, RetailRecruitment@kent.ca
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Worried you don’t meet all the requirements? Studies have shown that many applicants apply only to job opportunities when they feel they meet 100% of the criteria. At Kent we promote an inclusive environment where everyone is appreciated, recognized, and empowered to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are worried you did not meet all the requirements, we would encourage you to still apply. You might be the one who we are looking for!
Apply Online today or drop your resume off in store!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.