Assistant Branch Operations Manager
City : OSHAWA, Ontario, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
The RBC Dominion Securities Management team located in Oshawa is looking for an Assistant Branch Operations Manager to join their team! The Assistant Branch Operations Manager fulfils a leadership role in the branch by providing operational and administrative support to the Branch Management Team and Advisor teams. In addition to managing client account activities and ensuring compliance standards are met, the Assistant Branch Operations Manager fulfils a diverse role which includes liaising with internal departments, providing software and process-related training, and managing the branch facilities and equipment.
What will you do?
- Instrumental in managing the daily administrative operations of the branch including: approval of incoming and outgoing daily transactions, verify and action request submitted by sales support staff, verify documentation and approve account openings, etc.
- Assist with training new branch support staff and coordinate ongoing training initiatives for existing branch staff.
- Ensure compliance and internal control requirements are met.
- Branch technology access, setup, and troubleshooting.
What do you need to succeed?
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- A professional approach to all situations to create a positive working environment
- Ability to complete duties independently seeking out own answers and solutions
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and Conduct & Practices Handbook (CPH) is an asset
- Knowledge of RBC Dominion Securities’ systems and procedures, an asset
- Experience in the securities industry is an asset
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.