Asset Protection Representative
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Business Support
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:2528 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M2L 1A9
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Title: Asset Protection Representative (Loss Prevention)
Cost Centre: 179767
SDM 1403 - 2528 Bayview Ave, Toronto, ON M2L 1A9
Asset Protection Representative (Loss Prevention)
Shoppers Drug Mart is looking for an Asset Protection Representative (APR), formerly Loss Prevention. Enjoy an exciting career with one of the largest Asset Protection teams in Canada and help keep the stores a great place for customers to shop!
Are you detailed oriented, organized, patient, able to work independently and cool under pressure, we have a career for you! Working in a dynamic environment, reporting into Asset Protection you will partner with the store management team to ensure product loss is minimized and Asset Protection awareness is on the minds of everyone. Your expertise in safety and investigation contributes to the bottom line, mitigates loss and increases profitability.
Support for you at Shoppers Drug Mart goes far beyond a pay cheque. We will reimburse your annual security license costs and support your ongoing career development with in-house training programs and tuition assistance. We offer a competitive pay rate, a Purchase Discount program as well as a company matched Pension Plan, Health Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Program and eligible Annual Bonus Program.
As an Asset Protection Representative, You will:
- Deter, detect and apprehend for theft and fraud within retail locations, compile and present evidence for the purpose of court or arbitration
- Collaborate with other APRs to investigate provincial or national Organized Retail Crime (ORC) cases when they arise
- Collaborate with the local police service regularly
- Detect and identify potential shrink opportunities within operational core compliance
- Build and maintain partnerships with Associate-Owners and their team(s) by communicating and provide training on Asset Protection policies and procedures
- Assist Associate-Owners and their team(s) with incident de-escalation
- Participate in Community Events
- Available to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, nights, overnights and weekends (40 hours per week)
Required Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Valid Provincial Security Guard License required
- Basic understanding of the of Criminal Code of Canada, Trespass to Property Act and Powers of Arrest and CCTV and/or surveillance systems & have a working knowledge of Windows based applications (Word, Power Point and Outlook)
- Professional, friendly and approachable demeanor
- A high degree of initiative and integrity required to be successful in a dynamic environment
- Strong collaborative skills and a willingness to support Associate-Owners
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
How You will Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.