City : Saskatoon
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Architect - ( 2300013Y )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Your role as a senior contributor on our Architecture team is to work independently and collaboratively to assist clients through the planning and creation of award-winning designs. Your experience ensures that you are quite familiar with construction plans, specifications, estimates and building codes. You will be innovating and creating new prototypes designed with sustainable products with green architecture sensibility as your goals. You will lead the development of integrated design proposals, continuous updating of a building information model, preparing a variety of output / drawings throughout the project, while leading and mentoring others and collaborating with team members to contribute to the final deliverables as required under instruction from the Project Leader.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for projects of medium to large complexity/size.
- Inspires creativity, critical thought and design excellence both internally and externally.
- Conceptualizes a building design from both a functional and aesthetic perspective in concert with a client’s requirements, budget and program.
- Develops a design through sketches, physical models, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats to express the design intent and communicate to project team, client, and building user groups.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in development of three-dimensional models of buildings and their components.
- Participates in design critiques and pin-ups.
- Presents the design to stakeholders during early project phases. Develops building design in accordance with cost parameters.
- Develops space planning, block planning, and adjacency diagrams in coordination with building program.
- Evaluates and selects building systems and materials.
- Coordinates building systems to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Implements sustainable design principles into the design and environment.
- Analyzes the site incorporating geotechnical, hydrological, environmental, social, economic and contextual conditions.
- Participates in development of the program and other pre-design efforts.
- Ensures that design intent is maintained through documentation and construction.
- Responsible for leading others in project team setting and design critiques and pin-ups.
- Participates in employee performance reviews and interviews of potential employees.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to engage in creative and critical thought.
- To produce design at a level that would be perceived externally as excellent.
- To hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- To participate in project team setting.
- To lead one or more teams on medium size projects through the development of design concept.
- To check work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage team to meet project budget and schedule.
- To interpret sketches, drawings, codes, building program and other similar material.
- To present abstract ideas to the client and client representatives.
- To apply accessibility codes, applicable building codes, and life-safety codes to a wide variety of project scopes and complexity.
- General knowledge of building construction systems, constructability, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Good understanding of the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUP, and recent modeling software.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field & Registered Architect.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Experience in healthcare design and clinical planning would be an asset.
Typical office environment working with computers. Remote and hybrid working arrangements may be considered. Some travel and work outside of regular business hours may be required. May occasionally visit construction sites and/or be exposed to outside elements and inclement weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #DesignYourPlace
Primary Location : Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Organization : BC-1444 Buildings-CA Saskatchewan
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 15, 2023, 8:34:25 AM
Req ID: 2300013Y
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans