City : Calgary
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Application Developer - ( 230003HR )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
We are looking for an Application Developer to join our team! As an Oracle EBS/Oracle Cloud Developer you will assist in the design and development of software solutions to address gaps in core Oracle e-Business Suite capabilities. This could include possible use of tools and utilities such as PL/SQL, UNIX, Java/OAF, APEX, Oracle Workflow etc and cloud platforms/tools like OIC (Oracle Integration Cloud), Oracle HDL (HCM Data Loader), FBDI (File Based Data Import).
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist in the analysis of software specifications provided by Business Systems Analyst and translate them into technical solutions.
- Help troubleshoot and resolve defects to application problems.
- Provide consultation on the capabilities of application technology to identify opportunities to solve business problems.
- Assist in the design and development of software solutions as per specifications.
- Develop and execute unit test plans to ensure quality of software being released for integration and user testing.
- Help develop a technical transition plan ensuring a smooth transition of solutions to production.
- Learn and adopt design and coding standards.
- Keep client, peers and managers informed on the status of issues.
- Prepare time and effort estimates for assigned projects and tasks.
- Given the tasks and scope of a project, successfully complete and document the project within the specified time frame.
- Plan, document, assign and implement production transition tasks to ensure a smooth deployment into our production environment.
- Interact with end user, peers, help desk, and management personnel to resolve issues.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Oracle EBS technical experience in integration/development with Oracle SaaS applications i.e. HCM & Procurement will be preferable. Experience working with complex enterprise applications, preferably in an ERP environment such as Oracle e-Business Suite 12.1/12.2 or Peoplesoft.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and the ability to translate technical information.
- Experience in all aspects of software development lifecycle following best practice methodologies, preferably Rational Unified Process.
- Experience working with one or more of the following application technologies, tools and frameworks: APEX, OAF, Oracle Workflow, JDeveloper, OIC (Oracle Integration Cloud), Oracle HDL (HCM Data Loader), FBDI, BPEL, SOA, and Web Services.
- Time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years of software development experience developing solutions using Java, SQL, and PL/SQL.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1371 Integrated Business Applications-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 24, 2023, 11:16:17 AM
Req ID: 230003HR
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans