City : Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category : Full time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Review and reconcile accounting transactions.
- Process journal entries for special adjustments and offsetting transactions
- Identify control gaps and recommend appropriate remediation
- Create & enhance financial reports and analysis
- Continuously monitor, recommend, and implement process improvement initiatives to increase the
effectiveness and productivity of the department
- Become a subject matter expert of relevant AR activities to help train colleagues on the team
- Provide exceptional communication and customer service skills to all levels of the business
- Perform ad-hoc activities and management requests as required
- Improve the payment processing activities by implementing electronic solutions and automation.
- Identify control gaps and recommend appropriate remediation.
- Perform ad-hoc activities and management requests as required.
The candidate should possess the following skills:
- At least 3 years of work experience in accounting and/or finance, or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Experience with SAP would be considered an asset.
- Intermediate to advance experience with Office suite (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook).
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to implement required process improvement or transition new work into the team.
- Be flexible and able to effectively work with the team and adapt to change in a positive manner
- Enrollment in an accredited accounting program is considered an asset.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.