City : BURNABY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Administrative Assistant - ( 230002PU )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant for our Burnaby, BC office. This position is full time (5 days/week – office & remote). We are looking for a highly motivated individual with administrative skills to provide support to our Burnaby office and secondary support to the other offices and staff of Stantec as required. The administrative team works together as a pool of support for our Water group.
Your Key Responsibilities
- The duties of administrative support include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform clerical functions such as typing, filing, scanning, photocopying, courier and printing.
- Travel coordination including booking flights, hotels and car rentals.
- Prepare or assist with contract documents, letters, meeting minutes, spreadsheets, specifications, and report formatting to company standards as assigned.
- Electronic calendar management including scheduling meetings, boardroom bookings, arranging catering and making lunch reservations as required.
- Assist with preparation of expense submissions and timecard administration.
- Order business cards, and promotional materials as required.
- Prepare and submit cheque requests, invoice coding and equipment requisition forms.
- Assist with special event planning, including social committee activities, staff meetings.
- Support the Burnaby IT group with IT equipment setup and onboarding for Water staff.
- Support the office safety and environmental programs with various reporting requirements.
- Review request for proposals, expressions of interest, and statements of qualifications to ensure compliance with submission requirements and determine optimal presentation of content.
- Coordinate back-up technical editing and proposal compilation support as needed for overflow proposal work
- Maintain content management databases to ensure that accurate, up-to-date information is readily available for efficient development of proposals.
- Add/update resumes and project profiles in the company-wide database.
- Data entry in spreadsheets, updating SharePoint sites, filling out corporate forms, etc.
- Assist with PowerPoint presentations.
- Electronic file management, including creation of new files, filing, and coordinating with Records Management the offsite storage of project records.
- Other duties may be assigned
Key Role with Administrative Team
- Willing to undergo security clearance to work on confidential projects.
- Assist with learning credit Lunch N Learns with Intern Architects and Engineers-In-Training.
- Team building initiatives with the Water and Administrative teams.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficiency with web-based tools and applications including Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Teams) SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat skills with managing PDFs.
- Detail oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
- Ability to work effectively within a group as well as independently motivated with minimal supervision and able to take responsibility
- Capability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers and clients, internally and externally
- Flexible, able to work overtime to meet changing project deadlines as required
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 an asset.
- Legally able to work in the country in which the position is based.
- Ability to prioritize duties and work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Written and verbal communication skills – articulate and diplomatic manner.
- Demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work independently as well as part of an effective team.
- Methodical, accurate and consistent attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Ability to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
Education and Experience
Diploma in office administration with 3 years of administrative assistant experience in a consulting environment; experience within a consulting engineering or architecture professional environment is highly desirable.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.The experience will forever shape your future.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Organization : BC-1117 Water-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 1, 2023, 7:16:26 AM
Req ID: 230002PU
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans