City : VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Canada
Category : Operations
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
RBC Dominion Securities is a relationship-focused investment and wealth management firm that consistently ranks #1 in Canada. We are proud of our collaborative, supportive culture that enables success at every level and equips us to help our clients achieve their financial goals.
The RBC Dominion Securities branch located in downtown Vancouver is looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to a successful Portfolio Management/advisory Team. The successful candidate should have administrative experience, exceptional communication skills, and have a focus on providing outstanding client service.
What will you do?
- Prepare account opening documentation
- Follow up on documentation with clients or back office as required
- Follow up on client trades to ensure proper settlement and delivery
- Maintain current knowledge of client accounts by reviewing daily activity online and on an applicable report
- Maintain all pending plan transfers to ensure proper settlement and delivery
- Schedule portfolio reviews
- Prepare client review materials, correspondence and reports
- Utilize contact management system for daily task management and client record-keeping
- Assist in filing and preparing mailings such as seminars, newsletters and information packages.
- Conduct various administrative functions as required including the review of incoming mail and answering telephone calls.
What do you need to succeed?
- Administrative experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure meeting strict deadlines
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and Conduct & Practices Handbook (CPH) is an asset
- Financial industry knowledge
- Minimum 1-2 years Investment Industry experience
- Proficiency in Excel
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.