Accounts Payable Clerk
City : Toronto/Downtown
Category : Accounts Payable
Industry : Real Estate and Rental and Leasing
Employer : Toronto Community Housing Corporation
Make a difference
Do you see yourself working for one of the largest social housing providers in North America that is dedicated to improving the lives of its residents? Are you a dynamic, service-oriented individual who is eager to learn and expand on current skill sets in Accounts Payable? If this sounds like you, then we have an opportunity you won’t want to pass up!
The Accounts Payable Unit of the Finance Division requires one Accounts Clerk to provide a variety of administrative functions within the unit. This position will report to the Accounts Payable Manager.
What you will do
- Maintains database for taxes
- Processes supplier invoices for corporate and shared services divisions and maintains vendor accounts
- Inputting invoices into computerized database (ie HoMES / Yardi system) and tracking of invoice approval with Project Coordinators and Forepersons.
- Create various spreadsheets and documents using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project
- Cancels and reissues vendor payments
- Uploads electronic bank payment files to tenant accounts
- Issues tenant refunds
- Prepares TCHC invoices for miscellaneous accounts receivables
- Prepares appropriate journal entries for miscellaneous accounts receivables
- Traces missing tenant payments
- Inputs tenant payments
- Reverses returned cheques and inputs related tenant charges
- Prepares vendor reconciliations
- Prepares and uploads Journal Entries
- Reconciles sub-ledger entries to the general ledger
- Uploads and downloads various Scotia Bank Files
- Prepares revenue and expenditure accruals for month-end
- Creates AR related invoices as required
- Responsible for petty cash, including disbursement, replenishment of funds and maintenance of records
- Responds to enquiries from vendors and staff from other TCHC units
- Sorts and distributes unit mail
- Other related duties as assigned
What you’ll need
- Intermediate level accounting experience (i.e. minimum 3 years), preference for full-cycle accounts payable
- Intermediate knowledge of computerized PC office systems with demonstrated ability in various software products (MS Office, Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to make calculations accurately and working knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to meet and interact with staff in an efficient diplomatic manner
- Must be able to organize, prioritize a heavy and constant workload and meet deadlines with conflicting priorities
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
- Accounting courses are an asset
- Experience with TCHC's financial system (Yardi / HoMES) and Oracle financials is an asset
- Working knowledge of TCHC’s organizational structure would be helpful in responding to enquiries from internal and external sources and to appropriately direct documents within the organization.
- Knowledge of housing related legislation, by-laws, policies, etc is an asset
Once you apply, we’ll review your resume and contact you if your skills and experience match the qualifications for the role. If you are selected to move forward, the process will include one or more interviews and/or assessments and reference checks.
Candidates for unionized positions must score a minimum of 70% to pass any interview or assessment and be considered for the next stage of the recruitment process. Successful candidates will be determined based on score and where applicable, union seniority. Not all candidates who score 70% or higher will automatically proceed to the next stage of the recruitment process as this will be dependent on the number of candidates and number of available roles.
Please Note: TCHC has a mandatory vaccination policy wherein staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of November 23, 2021 with the exception of employees with approved accommodations.