Welding Construction Coordinator
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
The Welding Construction Coordinator will support the self-perform site welding execution program by providing technical support to craft and supervision. The role of the Construction Coordinator is to act as the focal point for technical interfaces within the project team; ensuring that construction requirements are made known and promptly supported by other functions; and to coordinate with other groups in the technical services and quality organizations to ensure that construction delivers the requirements to support other project team members
Construction Coordinators have three distinct roles:
1st Role: Construction Coordinators are responsible for technical support functions, such as work planning, material management, interfacing with design organizations, generating design change requests, securing appropriate approvals of design changes, and the coordination of one or multiple contracts, subcontractors, or specific areas of JFJV self-performed scope. In this role, Construction Coordinators are receiving direction from construction supervisors / superintendents and area technical services managers. The Construction Coordinators are the first point of contact for design issues and interfaces that arise in the field, and will engage the necessary functions or organizations as required.
2nd Role: Construction Coordinators are responsible for the activities of monitoring, inspection, documenting, testing, and acceptance of completed work as outlined in the quality responsibility matrix (QRM) found in the site quality manual (SQM). In this capacity, Construction Coordinators work closely with the quality manager and technical services managers to ensure the requirements of the site quality manual / project specifications are met. Construction Coordinators shall be qualified to be able to perform quality inspections for the assigned discipline and sign-off the quality records, in compliance with the Competency Plan – Quality Organization.
3rd Role: Construction Coordinators are responsible for facilitating data transfer to AWP group, and assisting AWP group with production of IWP’s.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Investigates and engages field engineering (when necessary) to resolve engineering and technical-related problems for both direct and subcontract labour.
• Provides technical interpretation of design documents in support of construction managers, superintendents and contractors, and provides specific expertise for problem-solving activities.
• Coordinates the work of field engineers, drafters, technicians, and other personnel who provide assistance on specific assignments.
• Coordinates the preparation and revision of technical work procedures (in conjunction with field engineering) consistent with project design and construction requirements.
• Liaisons with AWP/WFP and confirms the status of material deliveries to minimize schedule delays by cooperating with field material management.
• Validates material take-offs and equipment forecasts prepared by WFP, as well as initiates and prepares requisitions for the procurement of services, necessary to support the project schedule.
• Remains knowledgeable of safety policies and procedures and performs assigned duties in a safe manner and, while supervising others, has responsibility for their safety and ensures that they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits.
• Coordinates completion of construction activities in assigned systems and assists construction and turnover with preparing punch lists to ensure the readiness of systems for release to turnover.
• Monitors preparation of travel packages, work packages, and other construction-related information in a timely manner as required to support the work schedule.
• Monitors and inspects construction operations to ensure compliance with design documents.
• Assists construction with submission of warehouse requisitions and expedites the delivery of materials to the field.
• Assists field engineers by gathering information pertaining to field construction problems and providing input for resolution.
• Establishes and maintains effective communication between construction and AWP, field engineering, quality, and turnover, to ensure the timely flow of design documents and information in accordance with CWP Health Checks, and CWP holds and constraint management.
• Confirms with WFP that construction is receiving current AFC project design documents.
• Assists craftsmen, foreman, and construction supervisors, with regards to construction-related issues identified on drawings.
• Develops methods and techniques for the implementation of special processes.
• Coordinates the preparation and implementation of the project quality program when the quality function is the responsibility of the construction coordinator as per the Site Quality Manual – Quality Responsibility Matrix.
• Supports the needs of Project Controls with quantity reporting and verification of installed quantities for self-performed construction, or audits contractor request for progress payments to verify quantities for subcontract scope.
• Coordinates with system completion and turnover teams with regard to start-up activities for assigned systems.
• Prepare scope for change orders, extra work order or back charge notices for subcontract work.
• Other duties as assigned.