City : Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada
Category : Human Resources
Industry : Retail
Employer : Home Hardware
HOME HARDWARE DEALER SUPPORT CENTRE
TRAINING SPECIALIST (#1719AB)
HOURS: 7:00AM TO 3:30PM (variable as needed)
Our Human Resources team is looking for a Training Specialist. Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, you will be responsible for the effective management and oversight of our internal training and compliance programs.
If you have strong leadership skills, a high level of accuracy, knowledge transference and adult training skills we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Facilitation and administration of all compliance and regulatory courses for the Distribution and Logistics teams including, but not limited to: WHMIS, machine operator training and Transportation of Dangerous Goods.
- Deliver assigned on-the-job and new hire orientation training programs utilizing adult learning methods.
- Coordinate administrative functions necessary to deliver, document and track training programs. Monitor, record and file all training-related data.
- Develop content related to process and Standard Operating Procedures to maximize process efficiency and incorporate best practice.
- Collaborate with HR and Distribution Management on process initiatives.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven self-starter and motivated team player; strong organizational and time-management skills. Confident with the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and react to changing situations.
- The ability to organize and work under strict deadlines while producing quality deliverables.
- Exceptional communication and computer skills.
- Ability to work additional or varied hours as required to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.