Training Specialist – Appendix D/Temporary Assignment (July 2019 – May 2020)
Ville : Hamilton
Catégorie : Full-Time Support
Industrie : Education
Employeur : Mohawk College
Status: Appendix D/Temporary Assignment (July 2019 - May 2020)
Hours: 35 hours/week; Monday to Friday
Pay Band: K
Pay Rate: $39.43
Posting Date: July 4th, 2019
Closing Date: July 10th, 2019 at 7:00PM EST
Reporting to the Manager, Community Access and Engagement, the Training Specialist is responsible for strategically positioning the College’s expertise and capacity to offer customized training and learning services to business and industry, sectoral bodies, non-profit organizations and government agencies, contributing to improved economic and workforce development, organizational innovation and productivity, and business competitiveness. The incumbent applies knowledge and expertise in learning system development and design, workforce learning and development methodology, training impact analysis, evaluation and metrics to address the training and organizational learning needs of the community, social and commercial enterprises that are operating in very demanding and sophisticated marketplace.
This position is responsible for engendering collaborative relationships and productive partnerships with the College’s multi-stakeholder constituencies. The Training Specialist’s pivotal responsibility is to develop enduring and sustainable training and learning relationships with our clients, corporate and community partners and individual learners.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Implements competitive intelligence and market analysis of training/learning marketplace and labour market environment to reveal trends, emerging needs and changing conditions impacting private and public workforce development policies and strategies.
- Manages product development cycle from design and analyses to implementation and evaluation.
- Provides advanced client relationship and account management.
- Design and launch strategic marketing and sales execution plans.
- Demonstrates competency and fluency in learning and training system needs analysis, development and design, learning and talent development methodologies and training impact analysis.
- Initiates and manages all phases of program development, customization, delivery and close‑out.
- Leading and managing specially funded projects according to corporate objectives and strategic growth objectives.
- Engenders collaborative relationships and productive partnerships with the College’s multi-stakeholder constituencies.
The successful applicant must have:
- A four (4) year undergraduate university degree (prefer master’s degree) in a relevant discipline (e.g. education and educational administration, business development and management, human resource administration, industrial relations) or equivalent.
- Specialized education in learning and training performance systems normally acquired through post-graduate accreditation as a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP), Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP), or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years direct experience in the field of learning, training, business needs analysis and performance systems acquired through private and/or public practice.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively inter-culturally with diverse groups of students, employees and the community.
In addition, the successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Superior problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to make and be held accountable for decisions.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- The incumbent must be a well-organized, self-starter who can handle several responsibilities that may be competing and be able to work independently.
- The incumbent must be comfortable in a computerized environment and have the ability to learn and operate the scheduling system and various other software applications.
- Knowledge of College academic programs and services as well as an understanding of the college environment would be desirable.
- A valid driver’s licence and use of a vehicle is a requirement of this position.
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.