Senior Program Analyst
City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
SENIOR PROGRAM ANALYST:
($67,712.13 - $78,694.16 - Annually)
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Program Analysis, the Senior Program Analyst supports the Commission’s program planning function to improve the delivery and management of affordable housing programs across the province. He/She/They assumes a leadership role on complex projects, including in-depth financial analysis of complex issues within housing projects and portfolios, the analysis of current and proposed policies, programs and legislation, and the development of recommendations for policy/program alternatives and service delivery options in meeting the strategic priorities of the Commission and government.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, public policy, social sciences, economics or other related field
- Considerable experience in leading complex analytical research projects, including stakeholder consultations, preparing reports and providing recommendations
- Considerable experience in public policy analysis, program design/ evaluation or complex financial analysis particularly in the field of housing or real property
- or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and techniques of planning and conducting complex and multi-dimensional projects
- Considerable knowledge of provincial housing programs, subsidy models and supporting resources such as program frameworks, guides and agreements
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of financial analysis and forecasting.
- Sound knowledge of the principles of loan underwriting
- Sound knowledge of basic accounting in a non-profit environment, including the ability to analyze audited financial statements an asset
- Considerable knowledge of social housing and social policy
- Strong quantitative analysis skill and attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and coordinate complex projects involving extensive consultation with staff and external groups, tracking key deliverables and milestones, and identifying key measures of success
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work to meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal staff and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical abilities including intersectional analysis, research, problem-solving and organizational skills, and a proven ability to reason through complex issues
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including an ability to present information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences, including senior management and external partners.
- Strong leadership skills
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project)
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.
- Indigenous candidates are welcome to connect with an Indigenous team member in our organization to discuss the recruitment process and our workplace, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call.)