City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
Project Engineers work on multidisciplinary teams to plan and perform work requiring sound technical judgment in the evaluation, organization, and execution of project management assignments worldwide. Working with Fluor’s Multi-Projects Group (MPG), this role has the responsibility to perform the essential job duties and functions as listed below with the overall objective of managing and/or coordinating project activities that are in compliance with the contract and ensure the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and Fluor profitability of the completed project. Performing assigned general duties of limited scope and level of responsibility, this position is designed to develop broader project management knowledge and experience. Fluor’s MPG executes sustaining capital projects to support our client’s existing capital assests, as well as smaller projects for the development of new capital assets, across a wide range of industries and geographic locations.
At this level, the role will support more senior project management personnel in the execution of projects. As you grow into the role, you may have the responsibility as the only project management team member on smaller sized projects with full accountability for the general project management duties.
You will have the support of Fluor University Courses for continued learning experiences and the utilization of knowledge management communities to capture, support and leverage relevant knowledge to enhance project execution.
You would be responsible for activities including:
• Performing basic project engineering functions involving monitoring of progress, preparation of procedures, documentation of communications and meetings, and identification/evaluation of project issues and problems;
• Coordinating efforts of technical disciplines, vendors, and licensors to ensure integrated and complete designs that meet project requirements and contractual obligations;
• Supporting enforcement and/or implementation of environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) requirements and initiatives;
• Reviewing project staffing requirements and coordinate staffing with supporting functional organization managers and/or subcontractors;
• Supporting creation and coordination of overall project plans and schedules, and monitoring activities, progress, and milestones against the plans;
• Supporting creation and coordination of project effort hours, and cost estimates and budgets, and monitor progress and cost performance against these;
• Supporting the preparation, delivery, and coordination of project deliverables, design documents, and bid packages;
• Supporting the MPG Director and individual Client Program Managers for the planning and management of client project portfolios;
• Other duties as assigned.