Lead Site Reliability Engineer
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
This role will be responsible for the development, implementation and support of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) solutions for applications supported by the Retail Banking & Payments Technology (RBPT) Engineering Transformation (ET) SRE organization. As the Engineering arm of the RBPTi ET SRE organization, this team will work collaboratively with the Delivery arm of the same organization and any other IT partners required to succeed in its mandate. The incumbent will need intermediate knowledge and experience working in an application development and/or technology operations organization. Perform production support role and partner with SRE Delivery team in incident management and problem management.
What will you do?
- Provide SRE technical leadership on squad level, providing 24x7 SRE support
- Lead code and non-functional (performance, security, maintainability, compliance, change management) reviews of all production bound SRE solutions
- Drive transformation by continuously looking for ways to automate existing processes
- Track, audit, monitor and implement on technical work streams
- Act as portfolio SME (Subject Matter Expert) – understand & document common components, core functionalities, infrastructure of supported applications
- Be an escalation point in the on-call rotation, and support our maintenance, scheduled work, support and release deployment requirements
- Lead in incident management and problem management for applications in scope and RCA Action items fulfillment/ownership
- Focus on Continuous improvement and technical standards – Drive improvements in productivity, monitoring, tooling and best practices
- Manage technology currency (server patching, certificate renewal, compliance, etc.) with keen eye on automating opportunities
What do you need to succeed?
- Intermediate knowledge of industry practices, with focus SRE
- Intermediate experience in a variety of environments (Cloud, distributed and mainframe, business workflows and services/APIs, databases)
- Excellent communication skills, direct style (e.g. I did or did not do something, it does or does not work as opposed I believe or I understand it to be)
- Effective negotiation skills, stakeholder management
- Ability to influence at the squad and lead SRE level
- Hands-on experience in a variety of SRE languages and tools (Ansible, Dynatrace Managed, Moog, PagerDuty, ServiceNow, GitHub, Slack, Elastic, Logstash, Kibana, Blue Prism, Catch Point)
- Typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience in Software Engineering (SRE, DevOps, Cloud, Data)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.