Lead Site Reliability Engineer
Ville : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Catégorie : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industrie : Financial/Banking
Employeur : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
RBC Royal Bank is seeking a technology expert for our US Cash Management Technology. This is a green field project to build a brand-new system to serve our corporate clients. You will be heavily involved in shaping the future technology landscape of RBC, by delivering key business values for a transformational project in our Banking Technology while implementing strategic components servicing across all RBC functions defined in our roadmap
What will you do?
- Build a scalable platform using best practices around automation, pushing changes that improve reliability of the platform.
- Work with the team to implement secure, highly available and scalable architectures for USCM Apps on RBC Public Cloud.
- Create reusable patterns abstracting common technology or integration challenges.
- Deploy new automation incrementally and iteratively to get near real-time feedback from our stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other developers, engineers, and operators to continually improve our service delivery.
- Integrate with numerous observabilities, configuration, chaos engineering, and operational systems and services.
- Provide guidance to other team members on managing end-to-end availability and performance of mission-critical services, building automation to prevent problem recurrence, and building automated responses for non-exceptional service conditions.
- Lead sustainable incident response, blameless post-mortems, and production improvements.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards and cultivate innovation and collaboration across multiple teams.
- Create and review technical design documents, understand how the design will be used in the code development process, and facilitate meetings to design, troubleshoot, and execute projects.
What do you need to succeed?
- Must have 5-10 years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE).
- A degree in Computer Science or related technical field (Example: Mathematics/Engineering/Physics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Advanced coding experience in Golang and/or Python.
- Experience with SRE concepts, tools and practices like chaos engineering, observability, self-healing, error budgets, DR exercise, and tools like Dynatrace and ELK stack.
- Strong Kubernetes (AKS, Openshift or otherwise) working knowledge with experience and understanding of CICD pipeline and DevOps / Agile Methodology
- Experience with ELK infrastructures with strong knowledge of Kibana; Working knowledge of Dynatrace.
- Experience with one of the following IaC systems; Terraform, ARM Templates
- Intermediate experience provisioning and maintaining infrastructure utilizing Infrastructure as Code toolsets.
- Experience managing infrastructure systems spanning across Microsoft Azure CSPs
- Working knowledge of networking (e.g., firewall, routing, network topologies and hardware, SDN)
- CI/CD Configuration experience with Groovy (for Jenkins CI)
- Knowledge of deploying and supporting distributed applications
- Experience with deployment and management of core networking within public cloud environments
What’s in it for you?
- We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.