City : VANCOUVER
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Healthcare Architect - ( 230003KF )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives often appear to be permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the responsive places we design together. From effective social and culturally meaningful living spaces to healing environments to dynamic places of commerce with iconic designs, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
You will work in a team environment, in collaboration with a Senior Designer or Architect as required by the project. Together you will be developing plans, elevations, sections, 3D renderings and architectural details for projects, tailored to the needs of the client. You will have opportunity to contribute to the on-going development and application of innovative approaches to delivering high performance architecture as we seek to build on the foundation of our achievements to date, bringing an informed and nuanced sustainability strategy to all our projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for projects of medium to large complexity/size.
- Engages in the development of a design through sketches, physical models, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in development of three-dimensional models of buildings and their components.
- Participates in design critiques and pin-ups.
- Interprets and applies building codes and requirements of other regulatory agencies.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections and details.
- Participates in bidding and negotiation phases and prepares addenda.
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals, responds to RFIs, prepares site observation reports and other contract administration tasks.
- Leads project coordination and meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owners and their stakeholders, contractors and sub-contractors.
- Participates in client project requirement meetings and value analysis including basic cost estimating.
- Assists in the preparation of the project specifications and the coordination of specs with construction documents.
- Participates in constructability reviews.
- Follows quality control procedures established by the practice.
- Conducts quality assurance and quality control on own projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Requisite knowledge and application of accessibility codes, applicable building codes.
- Knowledge of building construction systems, means and methods, materials and industry associated standards.
- Detailed understanding of all phases of architectural document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Ability to conduct space planning, block planning and adjacencies in coordination with building program.
- To develop floor plans, wall sections, and details.
- To check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule. Self-critical of your own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- To participate and collaborate in a project team setting through all phases of architectural document production.
- To engage in creative and critical thought personally and in a team environment.
- To hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- To interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material with engineering disciplines.
- To communicate abstract ideas (verbal/written).
- Requires understanding of Revit and associated plug ins, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Newforma. Other modeling software will be provided as required to test and communicate your ideas.
- Able to work independently under supervision of a senior professional.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture & Registered Architect or on track towards registration. Minimum of 8-10 years of experience.
- Experience with Institutional public sector projects is required.
- Experience with concrete, steel or mass timber structure is an asset.
The work is conducted in a studio / team environment in an office setting, working with computers. Encouraging physical movement, each desk is provided with a sit-stand configuration to avoid being sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. COVID 19 provisions include allowance for a work from home / office hybrid as suits the needs of the employee and their team.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1443 Buildings-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 31, 2023, 10:36:49 AM
Req ID: 230003KF
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans