Geotechnical Technical Director
City : SAINT
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Geotechnical Technical Director - ( 2300031D )
Our passionate team works on projects we are proud of, all over Quebec. Continue to build your successful and sustainable career by joining our team. Stantec is a full-service firm, you will find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and outdoors, above and below ground, above and below water, on projects of all sizes.
As a Technical Director in our Geotechnical Group, join one of our 15 offices in Quebec. Your main tasks will be to participate in geotechnical investigation campaigns, to design structures and to act as a technical reviewer. With your accomplishments and recognized expertise, you will make decisions and technical recommendations when:
- participating in the construction of bridges and tunnels in soil and rock to better connect our communities
- building schools, hospitals and public spaces to better serve our citizens
- designing resilient buildings in a changing world.
Your responsibilities include
- Conduct large-scale geotechnical studies.
- Identify risks inherent to the activities.
- Manage complex technical situations.
- Establish applicable standards and procedures.
- Advise and develop new methods, practices and tools.
- Participate in the supervision and development of personnel.
- Participate in service offerings.
- Participate in the development of the geotechnical discipline at Stantec in Quebec.
- Master's degree in civil or geological engineering (asset).
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience.
- Member of the Quebec Order of Engineers (OIQ).
- Excellent skills in managing large-scale projects.
Your keys to success
- Excellent skills in writing technical reports.
- Bilingualism, French and English.
- Enjoy transferring your know-how to others in your team.
- Experience in the mining industry (asset).
- Author of technical publications (asset).
What we offer
- A dynamic and friendly work environment within a team that shares knowledge and experience.
- Regular position with total flexibility: number of hours, schedule, work location.
- Competitive compensation.
- Reimbursement of professional association membership fees.
- Flexible group insurance plan.
- Group RRSP.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- Training and skills development program.
Why Choose Stantec
In addition to its promising projects, Stantec also stands out for its social benefits and other programs. Above all, we always make the necessary efforts to help you grow in your responsibilities, whatever they may be. And to do this, never hesitate to share your goals and wishes with your manager – that is how you will continue to grow with Stantec!
Why apply?300 new employees have joined us in the last 12 months because Stantec's winning projects meet the expectations of consulting engineering professionals!
If you see yourself in this position, apply today or contact your recruiter Marco Vanderwey on LinkedIn!
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Quebec-Saint-Laurent
Other Locations : Canada-Quebec-Chicoutimi, Canada-Quebec, Canada-Quebec-Laval, Canada-Quebec-Trois-Rivières, Canada-Quebec-Ville de Québec, Canada-Quebec-Longueuil, Canada-Quebec-Montréal
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1216 EnvSvcs-CA GeoTech East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jul 31, 2023, 7:27:29 AM
Req ID: 2300031D
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans