Field Service Technician
City : Calgary, AB, CA, T2C 0A9
Industry : Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction
Employer : Shawcor
Why Choose Shawcor? We offer:
• A challenging career with training & development opportunities
• Group (Medical & Dental) benefits and Wellness programs
• Group Defined Contribution Pension plan
• An incentive compensation program and a generous employee referral bonus
Reporting to the District Manager, the Field Service Technician is responsible for field installation and training services for clients and their contractors, allowing them to be proficient at all Flexpipe products. The position requires a blend of technical and interpersonal skills to enhance the Flexpipe experience at the field level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to all Flexpipe and client HSE requirements
- Always promote and encourage safety
- Ensure a safe working environment for all employees keeping public safety in mind.
- Stop and correct all unsafe acts
- Operate Flexpipe assigned vehicles safely and abide by all applicable traffic laws
- Protect the environment in which we work
- Periodic drug and alcohol screening prior to accessing customer sites. Each test will require a negative result.
- Responsible for installing fittings and being the “Flexpipe expert” onsite to support customer projects.
- Responsible for being familiar with the training program for contractors
- Meet customer expectations and deliver service value by operating safely and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Onsite supervision of installations to ensure that the integrity of the client’s infrastructure meets or exceeds the minimum requirements as per the Flexpipe Installation Guide.
- Attend pre-job meetings and effectively communicate the safety requirements for the safe install of all Flexpipe products and use of the rental equipment.
- Report to Regional Solution Center when not performing field operation duties in the field.
- Promotes team building by establishing long lasting relationships within the organization and with all Flexpipe clients and their contractors.
- While in public areas conduct oneself with integrity and professionalism according to the Shawcor Code of Conduct.
- Reporting Responsibilities; accurately and timely: Timesheets, Service Tickets, Safety documentation, Pre -Job Safety Assessment, Contractor training forms, Failure investigation form, Contractor Assessments
- Valid driver license with clean record
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, e-mail) will be required
- Exceptional people skills
- A fundamental belief in the concepts of communication and teamwork
- Have strong work ethic with high personal standards for performance
- Ability to problem solve and trouble shoot as needed
- Oilfield experience preferred
- Knowledge of installation/repair of pipelines preferred 3 to 5 years experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Previous experience of working in extreme outdoor conditions
- Valid passport and ability to travel throughout Canada and the United States
- Fluency in English; conversant in Spanish is a benefit
- High school diploma or its equivalent
Shawcor Composite Production Systems (Shawcor) manufactures and sells spoolable composite pipe and poly pipe, used primarily by oil and natural gas producers in applications which benefit from the product’s pressure and corrosion resistance capabilities. We have manufacturing facilities in Calgary, Alberta and Edmonton, Alberta, with additional sales, service and distribution facilities in Northern Alberta, Saskatchewan, Texas, Colorado, Utah, California, North Dakota, Pennsylvania and Australia. Shawcor is a highly successful global energy services company, leading its competitors in all market segments and financially positioned to continue its growth and success well into the future.
At Shawcor we have built a true team environment where all employees are empowered to contribute to the success of the company. Collaboration and communication are encouraged and good ideas are welcome from all functions and levels in the company.
We welcome applications from internal applicants for this opportunity, however in order to be eligible to apply to for a new job employees of ShawCor must have one (1) year of service in their current job and be in good standing . You must apply online using SuccessFactors for your application to be received.
While you do not need to seek Supervisor approval to apply for jobs your Supervisor will be contacted for an internal reference if your application advances to the formal interview stage.