Environmental Compliance Project Manager
City : SAINT
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Environmental Compliance Project Manager - ( 230001LQ )
Are you looking for a stimulating work environment within a dynamic team focused on growth and quality work?
As an Environmental Compliance Project Manager, come and act in the collective interest by being part of a major global engineering firm with 26,000 employees, working in 400 offices, who are proud to have a positive impact on communities.
Stantec in Quebec is a team of 1,500 people in 15 offices, with strong and committed local leadership. We are committed to making our work environment a healthy and inclusive place that meets your flexibility needs.
You will be called upon to carry out a variety of mandates from the industrial, commercial, and public sectors. You will also contribute to the development and outreach of the Quebec environmental compliance team to our clients and other Stantec business units that you will be called upon to assist. This position requires regular travel to visit industrial sites mainly located in southern Quebec. Your place of business will be in our Ville St-Laurent office and working from home is also possible.
Thanks to the diversification of the fields of expertise of Stantec's professionals in Quebec, we can assist our clients in the multiple facets of their projects. Our environmental compliance services can be at the origin of these projects, whose objective is to satisfy one or more legal requirements. By joining our team, you can be the catalyst for these projects and help deepen our business relationships.
- Identify regulatory discrepancies related to the effluent of an industrial facility to lead a client to initiate a project to modify its wastewater treatment system.
- Aid in the selection of design criteria for a project (pollutant discharge limits) to make it compliant for obtaining an environmental ministerial authorization.
- Assist our industrial clients in the production of inventories of pollutant discharges, the identification of problematic discharges and their origin as well as the search for a solution to reduce the impact of these discharges on the environment.
- Advise and recommend innovative actions to reduce the carbon footprint and promote the social acceptability of a major infrastructure construction project after identifying areas, in the various construction phases, that contribute significantly to the GHG balance of the project.
Your day to day
- Perform environmental compliance audits for our industrial clients on a regular basis, on average 50% of the time.
- Prepare applications for ministerial authorizations and municipal permits.
- Prepare inventories of pollutant releases (water, air, soil, and off-site transfers), air emissions and GHGs for government authorities.
- Participate in environmental impact studies for industrial or major infrastructure projects.
- Manage projects, including maintaining a good relationship with the client and respecting the budgets and schedules agreed upon in our service offers.
- Respond to external and internal client requests and draft service offers that meet their needs.
- Participate in the development of the environmental compliance service by identifying business opportunities and potential clients.
- Collaborate with professionals from other Stantec business units in Quebec (mainly Transportation, Energy and Community Development), to offer them our assistance in environmental compliance for their projects.
- Participate in the quality review process of our deliverables as well as the mentoring of junior professionals.
Your background and keys to success
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or other technical discipline.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of federal and provincial regulations.
- Bilingualism (French-English).
- Availability to travel occasionally.
- Member of the Association Québécoise de Vérification Environnementale - AQVE (asset).
What we offer
- Regular full-time position: 37.5 hours/week with a flexible schedule that considers your work-life balance.
- Competitive compensation, leave and vacation packages.
- Reimbursement of professional association membership fees.
- Flexible group insurance plan.
- Retirement plans: RRSP and Employee Stock Purchase Plan with employer contribution.
- Employee stock ownership plan.
- Training and skills development program.
If you see yourself in this position, please contact your recruiter Marco Vanderwey on Linked-in or apply today.
Primary Location : Canada-Quebec-Saint-Laurent
Organization : BC-1670 EnvSvcs-CA Quebec
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 4, 2023, 12:07:57 PM
Req ID: 230001LQ
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans