Customer Service Representative – Part-Time
City : Hamilton, Ontario
Category : Part time
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : Loblaw Companies Limited
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.
- Provide customer support regarding products, services, policies and resolve complaints with minimal management assistance
- Demonstrated ability to upsell the customer to purchase more expensive items, upgrades or other add-ons in an attempt to make a more profitable sale
- Demonstrate functional responsibilities of products, services, fittings, EPOS, MMS, cycle counts, incoming orders, sales paperwork, cash control, government or funding programs, stocking and facing shelves as well as booking appointments
- Articulate company rewards (PC Optimum) and any promotional events
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of customer needs/issues and industry trends
- Participate on project teams, driving integrated services and case management
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Consult with and provide seamless backup to more senior Customer Service Representatives
Skills, Knowledge & Education:
- Possesses well developed Customer Service Representative skills and depth of capability in several areas based on each stores’ needs
- Basic Knowledge in PC skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Web-interface)
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong telephone manner
- Demonstrates CORE Values and has the ability to make connections, build trust and be authentic
Education & Job Knowledge:
- Holds a High School Diploma
- Basic knowledge in all categories and vendor training in:
- Diagnostic & Therapy
- Daily Living Supplies
- Supports & Braces
- CPAP/Respiratory (depending on location)
- Basic knowledge in Customer Relations Management program
- Health & Safety Certification
- Compression (Sigvaris) Training – offsite
- First Aid Training – offsite and if applicable
- Customer Excellence
- Understanding of MMS functions
- 0 – 2 relevant experience (retail preferred)
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Part time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.