Fluor Canada Ltd. (Fluor Canada) provides professional and technical solutions to deliver safe, well-executed, capital-efficient engineering, procurement, and construction projects for clients throughout Canada and around the world.
Commitment to Diversity
“Fostering a Sense of Belonging”
Fluor recognizes and understands that our journey into Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is not about a destination; it is about fostering a dynamic and constantly evolving component of our corporate culture. This journey requires bravery and fortitude for our employees and our organization, and it is our commitment to exploring this space together that forms the foundation of our journey into DE&I.
WE COMMIT TO…
Championing an Inclusive Culture through:
- FOSTERING a sense of belonging for every employee and contractor at Fluor,
- LISTENING INTENTLY (with honor and respect, free from judgement) to the experiences and stories from our people who live in and represent diverse communities,
- SAFETY for those who take the risk to share their experiences and truths with us as windows of perspective and opportunities to learn,
- CREATING an OPEN environment characterized by equal access to information, perspective, and experience.
Recruiting, Developing, and Retaining Diverse Talent by:
- EMPOWERING OUR PEOPLE with the information and tools necessary to communicate across and understand the nuances between diverse communities represented at Fluor,
- CELEBRATING OUR PEOPLE with authenticity that is grounded in cultural and diversity appreciation, not tokenism,
- IDENTIFYING and TAKING MEASURABLE ACTION in removing systemic barriers at Fluor.
Enhance Our Collective Experience by:
- INVITING guest speakers and subject matter experts in support of our learning journey, allowing us to create numerous opportunities for our people to relate and identify with unfamiliar experiences and new topics,
- PARTNERING with organizations like Pride at Work who represent on-demand, specialized, and expert capacity to support us in navigating sensitive topics and issues that may not exist at Fluor,
- ACTIVELY ADDRESS and POSITION our collective understanding of current events and major evolution in DE&I as a business imperative.
Improve Social Progress and Impact through:
- APPROACHING this work with humility, empathy, and patience,
- WORKING WITH diverse businesses, suppliers, and people in a deliberate manner that helps fulfill business needs through supplier diversity,
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT, where we acknowledge our commitment must be ongoing and evolve with society.
Vision for the Future
At Fluor, we strive to build and maintain a workplace that is inclusive and respectful, that creates a sense of belonging where each of us comes to work without reservation. We know that Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) is a critical component of our corporate culture. DE&I is a perpetual journey representing the future of global business.
Fluor’s purpose is to “Build a Better World,” and it applies to our employees and contractors as much as our clients. The rainbow of perspective that people develop through their lived experience, education, culture, and communities of belonging will help inform our path forward as a corporation. These perspectives guide how we view ourselves in the world and how the world perceives our work.
These perspectives are unlocked when we welcome and protect our employees and contractors as they bring their authentic selves to work without fear, feel included and appreciated, and go home at the end of the day knowing their contributions are recognized and appreciated.
This is our vision for the Future.
It is important to recognize that members of the LGBTQ2S+ community have fought for their place in society, with some parts of the world seeing more progress than others. As an organization, we continue to support and embrace the LGBTQ2S+ community, learn about its history, and champion any necessary changes in our own workplace that its members continue to fight for today. As part of our DE&I culture, we want to foster a high-performance corporate culture where we appreciate all members of the Fluor family for who they are, without judgement.
To the members of the LGBTQ2S+ community – we see you, we hear you, and we are here to learn from you.
Vice President & General Manager
Fluor Canada Ltd.