Will and Estate Consultant
City : MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
What is the opportunity?
As an integral member of Wealth Management Services, your role as a Will & Estate Consultant is to work with Investment Advisors to provide consulting services to their clients, which can then be implemented in coordination with their own tax and legal professionals. This team of accredited professionals enables RBC advisors to deliver a level of integrated wealth management that previously was only available to the most affluent families.
What will you do?
- Carry out client interview sessions and create comprehensive summary letters for clients recapping advice discussed in the session
- Participate with advisors in client / prospect seminars and develop and maintain relationships with other estate planning professionals both internal and external to RBC Financial Group.
- Stay current relative to pertinent legislation, policy and risk management issues.
- Proactively identify new business and referral opportunities for RBC Financial Group where appropriate.
- Foster a cohesive working environment across RBC Financial Group to facilitate the seamless delivery of service to clients they encounter.
- Maintain and report an accurate and complete record of activities and results.
- Work with advisors in identifying appropriate opportunities
- Follow through and co-ordinate any actions that come out of the interview process (i.e. various internal and external consultants.)
- Stay current on the business unit's strategy and client offerings
What do you need to succeed?
- Canadian Law Degree and called to the bar in at least one Canadian province or territory.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience, and advanced knowledge of Canadian legislation including planning of wills, estate & trust administration; and related tax rules and planning opportunities.
- Good knowledge of various insurance products as estate planning tools.
- Advanced knowledge of common law related to wills, estates and trusts
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license
Nice to have:
- Bilingual Mandarin/Cantonese OR French
- Estate and Trust experience
- Knowledge of Insurance Planning and Solutions
- STEP membership
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual:
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
Job SkillsConsulting, Customer Needs, Customer Service, Customer Service Management, Long Term Planning, Multi-Level Communication, Problem Solving, Product Services
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.