Waste Management Lead
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
Reporting to the Site Wide Services 3rd Party Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Playing an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project; ensuring safety is a natural part of all work performed.
• Ensuring project priorities for safety, cost, quality and schedule are accurately conveyed to the Site Services Management Team
• Evaluating project requirements and recommending methods and techniques to meet those requirements.
• Understanding and being able to deliver oversight and guidance on waste management techniques used to comply with Federal and Provincial Regulations and Acts. Refining and implementing Best Management Practices for handling, storing and disposing of all waste streams generated on site.
• Analyzing the waste program and recommending the appropriate actions to meet our commitments.
• Supporting short and long-term plans, capital, operating and maintenance budgets for the Waste Management department.
• Coordinating with Waste Management Service Company to maintain timely removal of different streams of waste.
• Understanding Environmental and Regulatory contract deliverables.
• Daily sorting and posting of external manifests/documents.
• Ensuring manifests/documents are correct and meet regulatory requirements.
• Preparing various types of waste reports for internal/external customers and government bodies.
• Preparing and processing waste tracking invoices for customers.