Warehouse Worker (Full time & Part Time)
City : Cambridge, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Supply Chain & Distribution
Employer : Loblaw Companies Limited
Location:1105 Fountain Street North, Cambridge, Ontario, N3E 1A2
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we’re here for our friends, neighbours, family members and colleagues.
We succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us.
We’re looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion.
Why is this role important?
Full-Time Hourly Start Rate: $22.00 – $24.65/hr. (Top Rate: $28.00/hr.)*
Part-Time Hourly Start Rate: $20.00 – $22.65/hr.*
Shift and Department Premium Pay Available:
· $2.65/hr. - night shift premium in Perishable/Freezer Dept.*
· $2.00/hr. - Freezer Dept. premium*
· $100/week - night shift, including weekends (Friday and Saturday) premium*
· Other shift/department premiums available, as per the Collective Agreement*
Fast Wage Progression:
· Receive $0.50 cent increase after 6 months, another $0.50 cent increase after 1 year, another $0.50 cent increase after 2 years, another $0.25 cent increase after 2.5 years, and another $0.25 cent increase after 3 years*
Incentive Pay Available:
· All colleagues eligible for performance incentive pay: Earn 10% - 20% or more, on top of your base wage*.
*Inquire for details during the application/interview process
About the Role:
The Warehouse Worker role is ideal for those who love to work independently and stay active, while being supported by a collaborative team in a fast-paced unionized environment. In this role, successful candidates will safely and accurately pick orders of groceries for hundreds of different Loblaw stores across the region.
What you will do:
- Collect and assemble pallets of grocery products and other household items operating an electric pallet jack, wrapping the assembled pallets, and preparing them for shipment
- Ensure items are accurately and efficiently picked and identified to avoid discrepancies
- Adhere to all safety and equipment regulations and maintain a clean work environment
- Able to take direction from a voice-automated system to pick and organize orders
What you will need:
- Completed or completing a Secondary School Diploma or GED Equivalent is considered an asset
- Experience operating an electric-powered pallet jack would be considered an asset
- Warehouse or general labour experience is preferred
- Able to lift and carry up to 60lbs, repeatedly with accuracy in a timed environment
- Comfortable working in a temperature-controlled environment (+22 to -28 Degrees in some locations)
- Flexible straight 8-hour shifts available (day, afternoon and night)
Join a team committed to helping you grow your career and one that provides new opportunities. We offer a competitive compensation package with bonus incentives and an inclusive workplace that thrives on our core values of Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence.
Loblaw is committed to sustainability by sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.