Vice President, Finance
City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
VICE PRESIDENT, FINANCE:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Vice President Finance provides strategic financial, business and risk management advice to the CEO and Board of Commissioners with respect to the plans and operations of BC Housing. He/she/they lead the development of strategic business and financial strategies to accomplish the Commission’s objectives. The VP evaluates the performance of BC Housing’s operations and reports results to the CEO, Board and government. The incumbent directs the provision of financial and business planning in supporting the operational requirements of the Commission. The VP builds strong working relationships with senior officials at the provincial and federal government level, lending institutions, social housing partners, industry representatives and other stakeholders. The VP Finance serves as a key member of BC Housing’s Executive team.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or a related field.
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation, as well as a member in good standing with Chartered Professional Accountants Canada.
- Extensive experience in planning and managing finance and administration functions for a diverse organization within a public or not-for-profit environment. Extensive experience in providing financial, business and risk management advice and counsel to a Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors and leading the development of strategic business and financial plans and strategies to improve and enhance the operations of the organization.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
- Criminal Record Check is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the theories, strategies and processes pertaining to finance, business administration and corporate risk management.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Commission’s mandate, programs and policies in delivering social housing programs throughout the province.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the philosophies and practices of building and managing social housing with housing partners and governments in order to foster healthy, active and inclusive communities.
- Well-developed consultative, facilitation, consensus building, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Effective leadership, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide direction and leadership in the development, integration and implementation of financial, business planning, research and policy support, corporate administration, information management, and legal services in supporting the business and operational requirements of the Commission.
- Ability to produce the Commission’s financial statements in accordance with Canadian Public sector accounting standards.
- Ability to provide business and financial advice and influence at the most senior levels and lead the development of plans and strategies to effectively position BC Housing to achieve its objectives.
- Ability to facilitate the development of strong working relationships with governments, lending institutions, social housing partners, industry representatives and other stakeholders to accomplish objectives.
- Strategic and analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team environment.