City : Toronto
Category : Legal
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
The Trust Clerk is a vital role of KPMG Law’s finance team and is focused on supporting KPMG Law Leadership in achieving key business metrics.
What you will do
- Process time-sensitive deposit and withdrawal transactions as directed by legal teams in conjunction with AR, AP and Treasury, ensuring forms are accurately completed and reconciled to trust records, and organized and detailed financial documentation is maintained. Ensure compliance with Law Society regulations and risk requirements.
- Process investment transactions, including investment of funds, interest and withdrawals, pursuant to client instruction, maintaining organized and detailed financial documentation. Ensure compliance with Law Society regulations and risk requirements.
- Reconcile trust account balances and address any discrepancies.
- Monitor and coordinate the disbursement of inactive trust funds.
- Assist the Financial Analyst with annual trust audits.
- Maintain banking records, including tracking of opening and closing of trust accounts and updating signing authorities, in collaboration with Treasury.
- Respond to queries from stakeholders (legal teams, Central Finance, banking representatives) in a prompt and professional manner.
- Coordinate reporting to Law Society of opening and closing of trust accounts.
- Manage annual CDIC reporting for Trust funds.
- Suggest process improvements that improve efficiency and maintain compliance with Law Society requirements across all provinces
- Ad hoc financial reporting and analysis
What you bring to the role
- College or University degree in Business, Finance or Accounting.
- Strong knowledge of accounting required.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a related field.
- Experience in a law firm or similar role is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills required.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize with time-sensitive transactions.
- Advanced skills with IBS considered an asset.
Keys to your success
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.