Truck Driver (Class 1)
City : Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category : Full time
Industry : Supply Chain & Distribution
Employer : Loblaw Companies Limited
Location:19 Lakeside Park Dr, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3T 1L9
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we’re here for our friends, neighbours, family members and colleagues.
We succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us.
We’re looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion.
Why is this role important?
Loblaw Companies Limited is Canada’s food and pharmacy leader, the nation’s largest retailer, and the majority unit holder of Choice Properties Real Estate Investment Trust. Loblaw provides Canadians with grocery, pharmacy, health and beauty, apparel, general merchandise, banking, and wireless mobile products and services. With more than 2,300 corporate, franchised and Associate-owned locations, Loblaw, its franchisees, and Associate-owners employ approximately 192,000 full- and part-time employees, making it one of Canada’s largest private sector employers.
Class 1 Drivers – Short Haul
What you will do:
- Transport temperature controlled shipments from our Distribution Centers to our customers
- Report road incidents to dispatcher and follow accident procedures
- Inspect truck and record issues
- Report mechanical problems and safety concerns
- Refuel and clean vehicle
- Keep an activities log and log hours
- Follow traffic laws
- Other duties as required
What you will need:
- Must have a valid class 1 drivers licence
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ transport driving experience
- Must have a pair of CSA approved safety shoes
- Must be able to work flexible hours. Including evenings, overnights and days
- Must be able to work a minimum of 4 scheduled shifts per week
- Updated drivers abstract
- Clean criminal record check required
- Good customer service skills
- A competitive compensation package
- Excellent benefit package
- Pension plan, employee shares program and RRSP’s
- Grocery discount card
- Discounts with Goodlife, Koodoo and Venngo
- Yearly clothing and boot allowance
- And more!
Loblaw is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank you for your interest however, only those chosen for further consideration will be contacted
Loblaw is committed to sustainability by sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.